cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I accept a nonpayers cancellation request do they still get a non paying strike?

Some bum won an item and immediately filed a cancellation request (with no explanation why). Seeing as they had bid on the item earlier, and it wasn't just a one-off bid, I dont think it was an accidental over-bid (and irrelevant anyways) 

If I accept the cancellation request, does this loser still get a non-paying bidder strike? Or do I have to force the sale through and wait a couple days and open a case. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: If I accept a nonpayers cancellation request do they still get a non paying strike?

Accepting a cancellation request doesn't get the buyer a "strike".

Opening, then escalating, a non-paying bidder case does get the buyer a "strike".

And two of those in twelve months means that most smart sellers have set their requirements so they do not have to deal with this person.

So, in effect, the seller bans these "people on the 2nd offense", not eBay. 

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: If I accept a nonpayers cancellation request do they still get a non paying strike?

I agree, I've had this happen to me several times where buyers bid and win only to cancel the order days after they won. And their is no recourse for sellers and no consequences for cancelling buyers. 

I also agree that Ebay is always in favor of the buyer. I guess this is just another way for buyers to run roughshod over the sellers.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Necro thread from January.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply