cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Ebay bans a buyer, will Ebay then refund previous claims against that buyer?

Just a hypothetical here but I am curious if Ebay has done or will do this?  Obviuosly, when Ebay finally bans a buyer, the buyer has probably been involved in many previous scams/claims where sellers have been forced to take the loss. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@twincitiespcs wrote:

Just a hypothetical here but I am curious if Ebay has done or will do this?  Obviuosly, when Ebay finally bans a buyer, the buyer has probably been involved in many previous scams/claims where sell.  

It works like this: Ebay bans the buyer, buyer changes ID's. Ebay bans the buyer, buyer changes ID. Just like ebay bans Chinese store, Chinese seller opens new store, ebay bans Chinese store, Chinese seller opens a new store.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Well, technically,

if you're thinking the buyer was suspended for misuse of the MBG

I suppose you could contact eBay and hope to get a courtesy refund.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

IMO, that is only wishful thinking.  eBay is not going to eat the loss.  No, they won't refund your money. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

JMO but once your case closes it is closed.

I do not think ebay will go back and refund all past sellers.  It could be cost prohibitive.

But like another poster ssid, it does not hurt to call and ask.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The bottom line for any for-profit company is money. If a buyer costs YOU time and/or money, that doesn't affect eBay's bottom line if that buyer if putting money in many other sellers' pockets and therefore eBay's pocket. The only users it makes any sense for eBay to ban are those that aren't adding to their bottom line.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No, Ebay does not provide restitution, they just ban them.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ebay will never admit why a buyer is banned......they will quote privacy policy....... so no way to know if they are banned because of what might be your problem or not.......

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@kimberly_kae_salter wrote:

The bottom line for any for-profit company is money. If a buyer costs YOU time and/or money, that doesn't affect eBay's bottom line if that buyer if putting money in many other sellers' pockets and therefore eBay's pocket. The only users it makes any sense for eBay to ban are those that aren't adding to their bottom line.

Or, caught, doing it fraudently.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 9
latest reply