cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idaho

Hi, is anybody here from Idaho, if not we should start another zone/area. I started reselling about 6 months ago. I retired from my full time job and I got hit with health issues, which I am still dealing with, hopefully having surgery June 15th and my life might go back to normal. I am paying my bills by reselling and sourcing mostly second hand shops.

I would love to have a group of people from the Mountain area of the west, to whom be able to chat every once in a while.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Idaho

I live to far away but good luck on your upcoming surgery and recovery.  Please take a moment and read the many posts here to help you do ebay better.  There are have been a few changes. Hopefully you are set up with Managed payments.   Make sure that you weigh and measure your items BEFORE you list the item.  Be aware of the USPS surcharges on the bigger items. Make sure that you  have a measuring tape and a good scale to weigh your items.   Get free packing supplies from stores.  Body shops and furniture stores are excellent sources for bubble wrap and foam paper.  Get free boxes at Dollar tree and other stores.  Get there early in the morning before the boxes are crushed.  If you need huge boxes,  go to the Bodyshops and furniture stores and supermarkets.  Any clean box can be reused EXCEPT boxes marked flammable or boxes that contained raw food.   Goodluck.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Idaho

There is an area in these forums for Regional Groups, although there has never been any interest in them, as you can see:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Regional-Groups/ct-p/1140

Maybe you'd have better results starting such a group on Facebook or the like...?

We're fairly friendly here.  🙂

-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Idaho

They no doubt exist, check for local "meetups" in your area.   I would start on meetup.com or just search 'reseller meetup idaho'.

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Idaho

I'd go with a local meetup, too, as well as facebook - I've been in a couple of meetups for running clubs and MMA/cage fighting. For the running we would get together for runs, coffee house and pubs. For the MMA one we actually got a lot of people together to all go to a big title bout. So there's opportunities for both off line and online.  I'm not on facebook anymore, but used to be in vintage interest groups there and they were pretty lively.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Idaho

Good luck on your surgery.

Good luck on selling.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 6
latest reply