cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPHONE 13 RETURNED FROM BUYER USED HIS OWN LABEL WITH WRONG ADDRESS

02- 02-24
EBAY CLOSED MY CASE ON 1-12-24 BECAUSE BUYER USED HIS OWN LABEL AND ADDRESSED IT TO A DIFFERENT ADDRESS AND NAME LISTED ON PACKAGE WHICH I SUBMITTED PROOF FROM USPS, I DID NOT RECEIVE THIS IPHONE, AND THE NEXT DAY 1-13-24 EBAY REP. NAMED CARLO C. REFUNDED BUYER WITHOUT CHECKING MY INFO AND DOCUMENTATION, OR EVEN REACHING OUT TO ME OR CONTACTING ME TO FIND OUT WHAT THE ISSUE WAS, AND AFTER REACHING OUT TO NUMEROUS AGENTS, WITH NO RESULTS, NOW EBAY IS TRYING TO MAKE ME PAY FOR HIS MISTAKE, THIS IS NOT MY FAULT AND EBAY NEEDS TO LOOK AND READ ALL THE DOCUMENTATION WHICH I PROVIDED THROUGH EMAILS AND POSTAGE MAIL FROM POST OFFICE. - SOMEONE IS NOT DOING THEIR JOB, AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS. I AM BEING PENALIZED, AND EBAY CLAIMS THEY PROTECT SELLERS FROM SCAMMERS, AND "WE GOT YOUR BACK" NOT HERE, THEY NEED TO GO AFTER THE BUYER AND EBAY REP. ALSO EBAY IS VERY AWARE OF THIS SCAM ADDRESS, 3601 OLD CAPITAL TRAIL UNIT 7 , WILMINGTON, DE. 19808-6042, ITS POSTED ALL OVER ON EBAY COMMUNITY INFO. ITS A SCAM, LOOK AND READ THOROUGHLY. THIS IPHONE NEVER CAME TO MY ADDRESS. ITEM 276230182787, I WANT CHARGES REVERSED. IVE BEEN WITH EBAY FOR 17+ YEARS NOW WITH GOOD STANDINGS AND BEING TREATED UNFAIRLY AND UNJUSTLY BECAUSE OF AN AGENTS POOR JUDGEMENT ? AND I HAVE TO SUFFER FROM HIS MISTAKE. ? I HAVE PROOF CUT AND DRY. NO ONE THERE WANTS TO LOOK AT MY PROOF,,WHY? AND WHERE IS BUYERS PROOF? I NEVER GOT TO SEE HIS?

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: IPHONE 13 RETURNED FROM BUYER USED HIS OWN LABEL WITH WRONG ADDRESS

Thank you , but I don’t have Facebook I’m not on Facebook.

@joeb5281 

There are other social media portals as well that eBay uses.   Just because you make an account does not mean you have to start making friends, share recipes or photos, or do anything else with it.  It is a means to an end, that may just get your money back.  Otherwise, you can abide by the decision that already 'threw you under the bus'.   That denial is the first line of eBay's defense to protect eBay, with the hope you give up and go away. 

While it would be real nice if ALL members got the same quality customer service from the outsourced CS reps, but they don't.   Presently, that is just how it is.   

Buyers who are victims of the fake tracking scam can seek redress through their credit card.  Seller victims must rely on the benevolence of eBay.  There is no published protocol for you to follow.  You learned what you need to do by reading here just like everyone else.  

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

I am in the same boat as you. I don't do Facebook or any social media portals. 

And I don't want to register to solve a problem with some other portal.

Problems should be solved on this site and we shouldldn't have to go to Facebook....if I have a problem on Facebook would I go to eBay to solve it?

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

Oh I got my money before buyer put in a claim  but now eBay is wanting to deduct from my sales , so I canceled all my selling!!  And I froze my account!! It’s just the point of them (eBay) wanting people to pay for their mistakes!! They are scammers too!! 

Message 18 of 38
latest reply

I completely agree with you on this one. If there are problems on Ebay, they should be solved on Ebay. Unfortunately, the Ebay CSR play games, keep transferring you, make excuses, tell you different outcomes each time. Unfair and deceptive all i have to say about this company. Plz do check Ebay San Jose California corporate office reviews. for a better understanding of this company.

Message 19 of 38
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Usually the third week of each month...not sure what day this month...

It's normally the second Wednesday of each month. The January chat was postponed by one week. You can find all the previous ones listed here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Monthly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/bd-p/weekly-chat 

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

I live a hop, skip and jump from the corporate office. I live in San Francisco.

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Finally you got to the right conclusion. Did the right thing.

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

issued a complaint on BBB others should as well. See what happens now, also sent my PROOF TO San Jose office via REGISTRED MAIL, Ebay is now exposed.............if no results... next attorney general's office and news media, 

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

issued a complaint on BBB others should as well. See what happens now, also sent my PROOF TO San Jose office via REGISTRED MAIL, Ebay is now exposed.............if no results... next attorney general's office and news media, 

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

yes, please expose this, i spoke to 6+ agents, they will not let me speak to a supervisor or mgr. they just type the issues, and i hear nothing back, the eBay buyer is no longer a reg user. Violated policy, scammer, and now i am stuck with owing money to eBay, because the person that refunded the buyer only looked at his tracking number, yes it went to my city and zip but never looked at my proof where it ended up at a different address and addressed as follows, eBay commerce inc.  totally a scam, and eBay wants me to pay for their mistake, i never rec'd this phone to begin with, they need to check with their employee that refunded this, they forced me to put in a complaint to BBB and others should too, return me the phone and i will pay eBay. plain and simple. 

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

This fake address scam is getting huge and ebay better start address it big time. And make it easier for people to report this and get their issue resolved without jumping through several hundred hoops and aggravation.

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

Forget about the old saying on here “it’s a cost of doing business” NO, it is not. Sellers need better protection from these types of blatant mail fraud scams.

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

They almost need a dedicated staff to be able to work on these claims. If this scam is growing by leaps and bounds.

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

This fake address scam is getting huge and ebay better start address it big time. And make it easier for people to report this and get their issue resolved without jumping through several hundred hoops and aggravation.

Agree 100%. I believe part of the problem is that the buyers refund may be automatically initiated once the bots detect the item was delivered, regardless of where it was delivered. 

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

If scammers begin to know that they WILL BE EXPOSED to possible prison time for mail fraud because they KNOW ebay WILL DO something about it. The scam would decrease.

Message 30 of 38
latest reply