cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR on delivered item. Do I ask Ebay to step in?

Buyer opened INR on item showing delivered in tracking.  I always have USPS check the GPS and it was in fact delivered to buyer's address.  Its been 4 days since INR opened and now in the case there is an option to have Ebay step in.  Do I want to choose this option?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@modulok! 

I'm not seeing any activity on this account...is it on another seller account? Don't forget to enter the tracking no provided for you by USPS.   It should show on your sales as well.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Forgot to mention that shipping label was purchased through Ebay to the address that buyer had on file with Ebay.  When INR case was first opened by buyer, I did reenter the tracking number into the case.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Is there a place to respond to the case? If so send the tracking number.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@modulok! 

If you shipped through Ebay and added the tracking number as well, you should be okay. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

This is a posting ID.  I have had to deal with INRs before that showed delivered in tracking.  I always used to call in and have them closed out but I do not think Ebay does that anymore.  My question is: Do I just leave the case open and it will eventually close or do I go with the option to have Ebay step in and decide the case now.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@modulok! wrote:

Do I want to choose this option?

Only if you have uploaded tracking into the case....then yes

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@modulok! wrote:

This is a posting ID.  I have had to deal with INRs before that showed delivered in tracking.  I always used to call in and have them closed out but I do not think Ebay does that anymore.  My question is: Do I just leave the case open and it will eventually close or do I go with the option to have Ebay step in and decide the case now.

There is no need to call, if the tracking shows delivered you are covered, at some point it will be closed in your favor.

If you want to do something you can send a pleasant message to the buyer indicating that tracking shows delivered on x day.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

INR case was decided in my favor and closed out.  What happens now, pretty sure buyer will to do a chargeback because he didn't get his refund?

On a side note: whenever I get an INR, I always have the USPS check the GPS and if it was misdelivered I always get right on it with the receiving post office and get them to get the package back and deliver it to the right address.  My buyers have always been very happy about the extra effort I put in.  But this buyer, the GPS matched his exact address so there wasn't anything I could do about that.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

You would win a charge back if the buyer opens one stating that the item wasn't recognized or that they don't recognize the transaction.  The buyer's bank might still require ebay to refund the buyer but ebay does cover a seller in that circumstance so it wouldn't come out of your pocket.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@modulok! wrote:

INR case was decided in my favor and closed out.  What happens now, pretty sure buyer will to do a chargeback because he didn't get his refund?

On a side note: whenever I get an INR, I always have the USPS check the GPS and if it was misdelivered I always get right on it with the receiving post office and get them to get the package back and deliver it to the right address.  My buyers have always been very happy about the extra effort I put in.  But this buyer, the GPS matched his exact address so there wasn't anything I could do about that.

I do this too. I want to make sure they got their item before winning a case. If they didn't get it for real, then I want to do what I can to help the buyer.

C.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

You would win a charge back if the buyer opens one stating that the item wasn't recognized or that they don't recognize the transaction.  The buyer's bank might still require ebay to refund the buyer but ebay does cover a seller in that circumstance so it wouldn't come out of your pocket.

I got one of those today (shipped it to the buyer, he left feedback, along with exchanging a few messages with me), he says he doesn't recognize the transaction. So you're saying if tracking shows delivered to his zipcode I am good?

C.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

You just need to respond to the INR case with the tracking information proving delivery.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply