cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR for a delivery to a reseller in a hotel room

I know there are already plenty of threads about INR cases but this seems original.   I checked the address and it is a hotel.  The item was delivered to the front desk.  Buyer claims that the front desk never got the package.  The buyer appears to be a book seller and this is a textbook.   He has two different names, one for his mailing address and another one attached to his eBay ID.  

I need to respond to his request by August 31st.   Should I stand firm and state that after tracking shows delivery this is out of my hands or do I cave in out of fear of bad feedback?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: INR for a delivery to a reseller in a hotel room

If tracking shows deliver to the address provided by the buyer at time of payment, add the tracking to the INR request/claim and that is t he end of the story.

It's not your responsibility to do anything more than deliver to the address given, "caving" for any reason only encourages people to be irresponsible and it won't protect you from bad feedback.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You're not an inexperienced seller.  If there is tracking proving delivery to the address given, why would you even consider caving?  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Delivered to the front desk is delivered.

It's your responsibility to get it delivered to the address, which you did. 

It's the buyers responsibility to make sure it gets from the front desk to him.

Respond to the INR asap. Don't wait. Make sure to add the tracking number.

You should win this case.   I'd bet on it.

Good luck.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Just curious:  How do you know the buyer is a reseller? 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Yes, I feel dumb for asking but this happens so rarely to me that my first instinct is to seek advice from other sellers.  

I knew he was a reseller based on his ebay ID and a Facebook page associated with that ebay ID and in the same city.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

After you win the INR case any bad feedback will be removed by ebay too.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It's not dumb at all!   I have the same amount of feedback as you (on several accts.) and the same thing happened to me last month - for the very first time.  Tracking said delivered, buyer emailed me, said he never received it.   Since I NEVER had that happen before, I had no idea what to do either.  I had to look it up on this board as well.  You've been given good advice here. 

My buyer said he thought it might have been delivered to another floor in his bldg.  I gave him some pointers on what to do first , look around your bldg, check with your mail carrier, post office, etc.  In my case, I never  heard back from him.  But I would have done exactly what you were told here.  It's never dumb to check with the experts, good luck!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

AS long as you shipped to the address on the buyer's payment, shipped within your stated handling time and uploaded tracking.  You are golden.  You will win the INR.  

Stop running scared of bad FB.  It doesn't hurt as bad as it once did.  But with that said if you have proof of delivery via the online tracking there isn't a lot they can do.

Ebay's protection for sellers in regards to INRs is excellent as long as you do what you are suppose to do, which I outlined above.  So when they side with you on this assuming tracking shows delivered, if the buyer has left FB it will be removed and if they haven't, they won't be able to.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Don't fret about the INR, you'll win that if you upload tracking showing delivery.

Have you asked the buyer to check again with front desk? A hotel usually has 3 shifts at FD and it's possible someone put it aside without entering it in a deliveries log.

I doubt a textbook would be something that may mysteriously "vanish".

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 10
latest reply