cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR New Policy

Ebay evaluates us every 20th of every month, in that evaluation, ebay has calculated the "Late shipment rate" and "Cases closed without seller resolution" In these 2 rates show some idea about INR so why is this new policy?

This policy very badly affects on good sellers because some customers do scams and some customers open unnecessary INR cases may someone didn't know about it and open, For me last month 10 UK customers open INR cases, and 6 customer close them after a few days, 3 customers actually not received at that time because airmail delay and I gave a refund for that customers another buyer do scam and also issue refund that kind of customers. Consider about last year only received 12 INR cases, 1 was received last month this kind of reason, Ebay block the UK and remove all listings and after a few days permanently restricted. I sell on here now for nearly 3 years and top-rated seller in 4 regions, not considering a seller a good thing and restricting this happens to so many genuine sellers, so this is not good.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

INR New Policy

There are a lot of recent discussion threads about this new policy affecting international sellers if you want to scroll through this forum to read them.

Here's one with some good info and participation from an eBay rep @herbal_product_store :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/INR/m-p/33862091#M2242045

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

yeah, I see it. thanks

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

Agree with this, eBay need to protect sellers also. 

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@herbal_product_store wrote:

Consider about last year only received 12 INR cases,

Only 12 INR case's last year?

I've been here since 2011 and I've only had 1 INR case.

If dropshipping isn't working out, might want to change that.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

You should really quit stating these unfounded actuations.  Each individual case is different.  Yes, maybe some dropshippers were caught up the drift net, but so were good sellers.  

To continue to proclaim these are dropshippers without evidence reflects upon you.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

I sold my product dear, not year last month, before last month only 2, last month received 10 all are shipped May 23 & 29, Because shipments airmail issue take some extra days, it can confirm 6 customers open case and a few days ago close case, In my 5-year export experience first-time happened this delay like whole shipment. All not buyer can't wait one I issue a refund.

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

Sorry dear I can't understand, I'm selling from Sri Lanka my product shipped from Sri Lanka from my shop.

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

It seems that Ebay is applying its new policy early on many foreign sellers.  The threads are full of them coming here for help.

Starting from July 24, 2023, eBay will launch the Shipping Performance Policy – Item Not Received Rate.

Sellers with a higher than market average “Item not received” rate may be subject to a range of actions, such as eBay ending or removing your listings, enforcing buying or selling restrictions, adjusting your selling limits and/or suspending all relevant accounts.

12 INR cases in the Service Metrics puts you over the top and subject to whatever your comparison to your peers happens to be.  Take a look at your Service Metrics details.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

Not all of these affected sellers are drop shippers. 

The OP ships from their home country.  International shipping and tracking doesn't always work well together, which is a lot of the reason they have so much trouble confirming delivery via tracking.

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

A customer can open an INR file for fraudulent purposes. A customer may open an INR file by mistake. A customer may open an INR file because the system does not know. Or it may just randomly open an INR file for no apparent reason. The problem is that they are included in the seller's INR metric regardless of their authenticity, accuracy and results. This should of course be included in the INR metric if the seller was found to be unfair and upon delivery of the item. However, if the seller proves to be right as a result of the lawsuit, this transaction should not be included in the INR metric. ONLY EBAY NEEDS TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE. That is all...

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@istanbul.tesbih wrote:

A customer can open an INR file for fraudulent purposes. A customer may open an INR file by mistake. A customer may open an INR file because the system does not know. Or it may just randomly open an INR file for no apparent reason. The problem is that they are included in the seller's INR metric regardless of their authenticity, accuracy and results. This should of course be included in the INR metric if the seller was found to be unfair and upon delivery of the item. However, if the seller proves to be right as a result of the lawsuit, this transaction should not be included in the INR metric. ONLY EBAY NEEDS TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE. That is all...

Yes.  Ebay says they have all that built into their calculations when comparing you with your peers.

This is one of the reasons why I have never thought the Service Metrics was a fair comparison.

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

The eBay Shipping Performance Policy - Item Not Received Rate launches July 24, 2023. We had no information about this. Rate of non-receipt of items. After launch, there are 4 INR cases in our shop and all the items are delivered, still there are shop account restrictions.
If it is 300 item sold and 4 cases are of INR and it is the buyer's fault then the seller will lose everything.
ebay should think about what will happen to the sellers

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

Can you clarify what you mean by INRs being buyers fault.

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

INR New Policy

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@herbal_product_store wrote:

Consider about last year only received 12 INR cases,

Only 12 INR case's last year?

I've been here since 2011 and I've only had 1 INR case.

If dropshipping isn't working out, might want to change that.

I appreciate your insights and your posts, but do you realize how misguided your comparison is?

On this account you've apparently sold like 864 items in 12 years. The OP sold 4,800 items in 3 years on eBay.

Whether you've been on eBay for 1 month or 20 years, it doesnt matter. The number of INRs should be compared to items sold not length of time on the site.

By that rate, OP sold 6x as many items as you, so their number of INRS greatly dilutes compared to yours. They also ship internationally (and more so globally) and that appears to be their primary means of sales. I bet INRs are extremely frequent compared to domestic US sales. All of this dilutes or justifies the high INR rate compared to yours.

Message 15 of 49
latest reply