cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sent offer, buyer bought--then realized charged full price?

I'm not sure how to make sure the buyer gets some refund on this. I sent an offer that was marked down a few dollars and the buyer accepted and paid. After the transaction was completed, he realized he was charged full price without the markdown I offered, so he contacted me. I want to make sure he gets that money back, but concerned that if I refund it now it might limit his buyer protections for the item. I don't want to put either of us in an awkward situation should he have some kind of concern after receiving the item.  What is the best way for me to handle this to make sure he gets his money back, while also maintaining all of his protections?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I sent offer, buyer bought--then realized charged full price?

Just give a partial refund. It will have no effect on the buyer's protection.

-;-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@t-bone543 wrote:

After the transaction was completed, he realized he was charged full price without the markdown I offered, so he contacted me. I want to make sure he gets that money back, but concerned that if I refund it now it might limit his buyer protections for the item

If I recall correctly, I have had cases where an offer did not show if I navigated to the item without "clicking through" the offer. 

A partial refund will not affect his buyer protections. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

And you are sure he's not just looking at the total, item price plus shipping plus state sales tax, and believes he's being charged full price for the item?  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply