cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see an item on here that was stolen from me and the seller has no knowledge of it

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I see an item on here that was stolen from me and the seller has no knowledge of it

Why is everybody under the assumption that I had money to pay for the item at that time where is the heart and decency of humanity nowadays you know a good person would have just sold me the item regardless of whether y'all think I I'm telling the truth or not a good Soul would have discerned the truth from lie but the conclusion came out to the person put it up for auction and it got sold and I have a police report it amazes me how an honest person is treated in the world today one has to work at honesty and with time it becomes habit I guess that's too big of a concept for someone who enjoys the negative impact of human psychology on human nature

View Best Answer in original post

Message 75 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: I see an item on here that was stolen from me and the seller has no knowledge of it

More information is needed.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 85
latest reply

@phihern1760 

There’s a chance this seller isn’t the one who stole it. They got it from a pawn shop or a flea market, maybe. 

If you filed a police report when the item was stolen, you could call the non-emergency law enforcement in your area and tell them you have information on the case. 

You can also bid on it yourself. That is, if the seller hasn’t blocked you because they didn’t like your question. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 3 of 85
latest reply

@phihern1760 

As above, more is needed.......

How was this item stolen from you?

How do you now it is your item?

How do you know the seller is unaware of it being stolen?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 85
latest reply

I was unaware of how eBay does anything and I do not want to get the seller in trouble I just don't want him to sell the item I would like to get the item returned to me free of charge because it was stolen from me but I do understand if the seller is unaware that he would lose money on this item and I do not want to cause any problems for the seller which I might have because I did report the item but since the item was stolen at least 15 years ago I cannot make a stolen report because at the time of the incident I was being arrested and could not get an officer to write the report I went to the place it was stolen and was unsuccessful at any police officer making a report for whatever reason they denied making a stolen property report it is long past statute of limitations and I would just like the item back

Message 5 of 85
latest reply

I am fully aware of people making accusations or trying to cool scams on sellers and buyers but I know my item like the back of my hand because it was something very dear to me that was a gift from my grandmother I would not have any receipts or anyting and I am currently looking for a picture of myself with the item

Message 6 of 85
latest reply

@phihern1760 wrote:

I was unaware of how eBay does anything and I do not want to get the seller in trouble I just don't want him to sell the item I would like to get the item returned to me free of charge because it was stolen from me but I do understand if the seller is unaware that he would lose money on this item and I do not want to cause any problems for the seller which I might have because I did report the item but since the item was stolen at least 15 years ago I cannot make a stolen report because at the time of the incident I was being arrested and could not get an officer to write the report I went to the place it was stolen and was unsuccessful at any police officer making a report for whatever reason they denied making a stolen property report it is long past statute of limitations and I would just like the item back

I am sorry, the best you can do to get your item is to purchase it - 15 years is a ridiculously long time and a lot of hands for an alleged stolen item to have passed through, and is well beyond any statute of limitations for stolen merchandise as you are aware.

Stop looking for a photo, getting the item FOC is never going to happen............

Message 7 of 85
latest reply

@phihern1760 wrote:

....and I would just like the item back

Buy it now -- before someone else does! Have a friend buy it if the seller has blocked you. Once you have your item back you can work on how to get reimbursed.

Or, you can stand on principle and insist the item be given/returned to you free of charge and risk losing the opportunity to ever see the item again. 

If it were me, I would not risk losing this opportunity to get my item back, even if it means having to pay for it.

Message 8 of 85
latest reply

Buy it honestly - 15 years is half a generation - who knows where that item has been?

Decide what you want - retribution or just your valued item back? 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 85
latest reply

@californiakaren wrote:

@phihern1760 wrote:

....and I would just like the item back

Buy it now -- before someone else does! Have a friend buy it if the seller has blocked you. Once you have your item back you can work on how to get reimbursed.

Or, you can stand on principle and insist the item be given/returned to you free of charge and risk losing the opportunity to ever see the item again. 

If it were me, I would not risk losing this opportunity to get my item back, even if it means having to pay for it.

Buy it now -- before someone else does! Have a friend buy it if the seller has blocked you

Are you honestly advising this person to circumvent eBay Policy?

Of course they have to pay for it

Or, you can stand on principle and insist the item be given/returned to you free of charge

What absolute tosh - it was ''allegedly stolen 15 years ago'' even the police will not touch this.

Once you have your item back you can work on how to get reimbursed.

I can only imagine what plan you may suggest as to how this would happen.

I can not believe someone who has been posting here as long as you have would consider any of the above to be good advice or morally correct - shame on you.

Message 10 of 85
latest reply

First of all, the chances of that one being "yours" is slim to none.

But if you truly believe it is yours, and you want it back, bid on t or buy it. 

Who cares about the money? I would just want it back. 

Be lucky you have the chance to get it back after all these years  even if you have to pay.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 85
latest reply

I know - I'd be so thrilled to see it again the LAST thing I would be doing is demanding to get it back for FREE.  

Which reminds me - has anyone seen my lost youth being auctioned off here?  It got stolen about 30 years ago and I'd give almost everything I own to get it back.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 85
latest reply

What exactly IS the item??

How did you "report" this, exactly?

It was "stolen" from you 15 years ago and since you were being arrested, the police officer would not take you seriously?

If a police officer, who was with you "live" 15 years ago would not take it serious, why should anyone on an online selling chat forum do so?

ETA:  This makes no sense.  Why post this here? 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 13 of 85
latest reply

And this is a Zero FB ID created today......

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 14 of 85
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

What exactly IS the item??

It was "stolen" from you 15 years ago and since you were being arrested, the police officer would not take you seriously?

If a police officer, who was with you "live" 15 years ago would not take it serious, why should anyone on an online selling chat forum do so?

I have seen police officers  get caught up in the moment and not use their best judgment. An officer making an arrest is not likely to care about what's going on with the person they are arresting beyond the immediate situation, much less help them protect their possessions. Alas, the officer's refusal to take a report is no indication of the merits or validity of what the OP is claiming. It could just indicate that the officer was being a jerk. It happens.

Message 15 of 85
latest reply