cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a total of my California Sales for tax purposes. Is there a place I can find them?

I know that I can add that my sales were marketplace sales on my state board of equalization tax form, but is there a method for finding the total dollar amount of these sales without going through each one from the past year? Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I need a total of my California Sales for tax purposes. Is there a place I can find them?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: I need a total of my California Sales for tax purposes. Is there a place I can find them?

You can download a report to excel, sort by state, then separate out the ones from CA.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I need to be able to deduct it from my taxable vs nontaxable sales, and can't find a way to get the total without going through each individual sale and adding it up. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Adding to @ziggylab 

The report can be found in Payments -> Reports -> Transaction Report.

If you just want the Sales Tax information you can customize the reports to only give you the columns you need (total Sale amount and State shipped to).

Load the .csv file into Excel or OpenOffice, sort by State, get rid of all the non California stuff and Sum the relevant columns.

You only need rudimentary spreadsheet skills.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you, but I can't find any of these transaction reports that include the state shipped to. I could run one last year, but I don't see one now. Could you give me a bt more info?  Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/reportslanding

configure your date range (2022) and generate

Column "H" of this CSV file is the STATE shipped to

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hi Monica!

Did you just run this report? I just did and there's no state.

Michelle

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Trying to find my total of taxable sales for my state tax form. The amount shown for total taxes collected by Ebay includes other states. So I need a report that shows the states that I sold to. None of them show that.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I did just run that report....

Column "H" shows the state that the order was shipped to

You can 'sort' the sheet to "combine" all the orders that were shipped to that state so they are all in consecutive order.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

This is what I get when running that reportScreenshot (39).png

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

On the page where you created the report, was there a "Customize column settings" link just above the reports that had previously been run? I don't see it on @monica-sells screenshot, but it would have been right at the bottom so probably just got cut off.  I see it on my page for that, and it allows me to check and uncheck the Buyer's State among other things (under "Shipping details").

Message 12 of 12
latest reply