cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm just noticing an odd feedback profile on my listings / account. Is this the norm or tech issue?

Been here since 2001 with feedback of 10,538. 

I looked at some of my current listings and see under the description / details block there is an area of my store / recent feedback. First thing that pops up is a neutral from July 25th, 2023. Take note that the neutral showing up does not show my response to the buyer's comment. Not Cool eBay!

Since that neutral comment, I have received 33 positives (should be more, but we the sellers know not every buyer leaves feedback). Why is this neutral still showing up first? 

it also shows me with only (712) feedback. I cannot figure how that number came to be based on the eBay seller 12-month profile chart. 

I removed the eBay's member's I.D. in this example, but anyone can view in the feedback thread. 

example:

Seller feedback (712)

(95)- Feedback left by buyer  (95).
  • Past 6 months
The good: seller was responsive, prompt, and accurate in their description. Nice item. The Bad: after purchasing this item, another matching item of this sellers popped up, I liked that one more and inquired about cancelling my order and purchasing the other, to which seller entertained. After learning of my interest the seller jacked up the price on the other item by $25

(1872)- Feedback left by buyer  (1872).
  • Past 6 months
Carefully packaged items arrived quickly, and as described. Flawless transaction.

(140)- Feedback left by buyer (140).
  • Past month
Really fast shipping. Well wrapped, iten very protected. Arrived in as advertised condition.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I'm just noticing an odd feedback profile on my listings / account. Is this the norm or tech iss

Can you post the listing number? Looking at your FB that item is a private listing so I can't track it back.

Basically what I'm trying to look at is if this listing is multi-quantity. eBay changed FB a while ago so on a listing page for an MQ listing, you'll see FB for that specific listing then you can click a link or tab or something to see all seller FB and not just FB to that specific item.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: I'm just noticing an odd feedback profile on my listings / account. Is this the norm or tech iss

It appears to be 365 day FB for sales only. At least thats what my FB shown on my store is.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I am noticing that my latest & most current  feeback on the app is  from 6 months ago.  When using my laptop, my feedback is current.  Yes, another technical glitch.  Don't see anything reported on the tech board. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

you sound  too dang worried about feedback

if you do the right thing and cover your....you shouldnt have anything to worry about.....

you sound like a KAREN imo

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Before you ask... I didn't realize til after I posted this that I was logged into the wrong account... not my main id.

I have noticed similar things ... it seemed they were putting my most glowing feedbacks at the top for me (I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I'm serious). I thought maybe EBay did something with AI to display your highest "boosting" feedback like "look what great things people had to say about them" type deal. This was purely in my own head and speculation at what likely was an anomaly?

That would really suck if it was the case and they stuck your neutral at the top LOL.

For real though...is EBay doing some AI manipulation to promote certain feedback you earned? That'd be cool if they actually did or were doing that

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You did not read the response, did you?

Y did U not just cancel and purchase the other? Were U setting me up in a word play game (swap sizes & question condition? Your e-mails: #1. I recently purchased the above Vintage ND Sweatshirt. After doing so, this one also popped up, I like this one better (pic attached). Is it possible to swap them out of in similar condition? #2. Would this be an inconvenience to you in any way? If so NBD, I ll take what I purchased, if not, I would like to switch. Are they in similar condition?

What if I sent you such a message after buying an item from you?

Note: the Karen game is over on social media. get up to date. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I think eBay is doing what Etsy had already started doing, and putting the feedback from the closest matching sold item at the top of the rest of the feedback. Feedback matching, in other words. So dates are scrambled.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Same thing been happening on my feedback as well, I too thought it odd.

also, I can no longer see a “potential” buyers feedback they’ve left for others.

anyone else having that trouble?

I know that’s always been a tremendous help when gauging as to whether or not I should block a potential buyer after they’ve asked the usual string of dumb questions. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply