cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I found this great tool that you can use to show your average shipping delivery times

https://ribbs.usps.gov/modernservicestandards/ssmaps/find_map.cfm

If you ship USPS it will show how long an item will take to arrive from your location

This can be helpful for others to find average delivery dates.

I use mostly 4 services and can count on 1 hand the times in the last nearly 20 years that I used priority mail express so I will not address that service.

I use first class, priority, parcel and media mail.

Here is my zip code map for priority mail the fastest of the 4 services.map usps priority.PNG

looking at the map for my priority shipments there is a tiny area that is supposed to arrive in 1 day,the rest is 2 and 3 days in a pretty evenly split (note Hawaii and Alaska are not shown and I ship to both)

So a quick look at this map tells me my priority mail items are supposed to arrive in an average of 2.5 days. Keep in mind that USPS says "Exceptions apply and delivery time is not guaranteed." They say that because they know that they do not meet those times so the 2.5 days is actually longer.

So its really more than a 2.5-day average and that is USPS fastest service I use.  

I olnly send about  15% of my packages this method.

Below is my  first class map 

first class for me.PNG

I think most would say this is closest to a 3 day average but keep in mind USPS says "Exceptions apply and delivery time is not guaranteed. A majority of my items are shipped this way, about 55%

below is my package (retail ground and media mail) map which would be 5-7 day average, again USPS says "Exceptions apply and delivery time is not guaranteed.my usps packages.png

By these maps USPS tells me that my packages should arrive in:

priority ave 2.5 days

first class 3 days

parcel and media mail  approximately 6 days

So for me, USPS is telling me the average of all my packages would be about 4 days per package.

Keep in mind that USPS says "Exceptions apply and delivery time is not guaranteed."

Some examples would be major storms and flooding that are occurring now and peak delivery dates where USPS adjusts its ship by date calendar to allow longer delivery dates.

So that tells me that all the average USPS above are optimistic best-case scenarios.

My best case for all of my items is an average of 4 days. 

I don't think I am outside of the norm for sellers who use USPS. 

I wonder what other sellers averages are for all of their shipments.

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I found this great tool that you can use to show your average shipping delivery times

variety_nook
Trailblazer

Just a friendly FYI for those who may not be aware. The number of days apply to the time in transit. The day that you ship and the day that the parcel is delivered do not count in the estimation.

Example: if you ship a 3 day Priority pkg. on Monday and it's delivered on Friday, that is considered 3 day delivery.

Personally, from my own experience, the pkg. usually arrives sooner, but there are SNAFU's that do occur from time to time.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: I found this great tool that you can use to show your average shipping delivery times

The map it shows me for my location is wildly inaccurate.  It shows the majority of the US taking three days for First Class when in fact probably 85-90% of my First Class packages take two days.  The only exceptions tend to be things that are mailed on a Friday or Saturday (since there is no mail delivery on Sundays) or things that are going to the far west coast (CA, OR, WA, AZ, NV), and even those often will get there in two days.

mailed this one last week, DC to CA in two days

Message 3 of 3
latest reply