cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did nothing wrong and got suspended permanently from Ebay?

Last month when Trump got a mugshot taken and released it I took the picture and put it on a shirt and sold like 30 of them. A mugshot is public IP so its completely legal. A couple days later Ebay removed my listings to wait for all the packages to be delivered before letting me sell again. Well its been a week, all orders have been delivered, I even have positive feedback from my costumers and I got a message this morning that my account was suspended permanently. 

Its extremely demotivating to do everything right and still end up in this position. The crazy part was that I was only profiting $3-$4 per shirt, so essentially I lost the ability to sell on Ebay forever for less then $100 in profit. 

I called support and asked them to please re review my account, and emailed them through Ebay...

Does anyone have any advice or tips for me? I am extremely depressed. I have things I need to sell on Ebay for the holidays coming up. 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: I did nothing wrong and got suspended permanently from Ebay?

Right....my search for yielded me 19K in search results?  There has to be more to the story.  It can't just be because of the photo

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

If someone would take a photo of you, put it on T-shirts, and starts making money of your face, how would you feel?

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

@yoonix1 

Hahaha, you will lose money for sure if you would put my photo on a T-shirt, but seriously, I can see other items the OP sold recently but not the T-shirts, OP has a few positive feedback on the shirts with clickable item number on their feedback profile, but when you click on the link, it says item not found "we looked everywhere"

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@barco.micha wrote:

Last month when Trump got a mugshot taken and released it I took the picture and put it on a shirt and sold like 30 of them. A mugshot is public IP so its completely legal.  

Whether a mugshot is public domain or not, I can't say. 

But your statement of (and your words): "I took the picture and put it on a shirt" is not truthful. YOU didn't put it on the shirts. (I found a cached copy of your listing and my reverse image search pulled up about 3 dozen of the same black tees from many different sources.

I'm not saying that even buying a tee shirt and flipping it is wrong, but claiming that you took the picture and put it on a shirt isn't true. It makes me wonder what other information is embellished.

I'm not able to view the full description in the cache but if you copied part of it from another source, that could have led to the problems you're having.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

A mugshot is public IP so its completely lega

No it isn't, and no it isn't. 

I did nothing wrong and got suspended permanently from Ebay?

You do not have to do anything wrong to be suspended by eBay. It is right in the eBay user agreement: 

"we reserve the right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion"

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

Message 35 of 35
latest reply