cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can no longer promote auctions?

Read something the other day that ebay got rid of some form of promotion for auctions and replaced it with something else (I was confused about the distinction). Is there some criteria to be met? Because right now I have no way of promoting my listed auctions. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@slippinjimmy  just to avoid confusion though, technically @northbaythrifts  is right that they cannot Promote Auctions - Promoted Listings Express was discontinued on April 15 and auctions will not be added to Promoted Listings Standard until April 29, so in the meantime, there is currently no option to promote auctions.

https://www.ebayads.com/2024/04/04/grow-your-business-with-promoted-listings-standard-now-in-place-o... 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@northbaythrifts wrote:

Read something the other day that ebay got rid of some form of promotion for auctions and replaced it with something else (I was confused about the distinction). Is there some criteria to be met? Because right now I have no way of promoting my listed auctions. Thanks

You can still promote Auction listings.

The change is that Promotion Express which was a flat fee is no longer available. You need to use Promotion Standard that has a variable rate fee based on the final selling price. Just take that into consideration when selecting the Promotion rate as it will be variable and not fixed as it has been.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@slippinjimmy  just to avoid confusion though, technically @northbaythrifts  is right that they cannot Promote Auctions - Promoted Listings Express was discontinued on April 15 and auctions will not be added to Promoted Listings Standard until April 29, so in the meantime, there is currently no option to promote auctions.

https://www.ebayads.com/2024/04/04/grow-your-business-with-promoted-listings-standard-now-in-place-o... 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Didn't know about the two week gap (I don't do auctions), I appreciate the correction on this bit.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ahh great thanks for that

Message 5 of 5
latest reply