cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I became a top rated seller and but i didnt get a 10% discount on selling fees.

Hello.

Yesterday i became a top rated seller. I saw that one of the benefits of becoming a top rated seller is 10% discount on the final selling fees of each item you sell. Today i sold something but i saw that i have charged the normal charges without the 10% discount. Are you getting the 10% discount at the end of the month every time you pay your fees to ebay? I dont know how this works.

Does anyone knows why is that? Anyone had the same problem before?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@simadiakos  Good morning, I see you are located in Cyprus ... not sure what the rules are for your country but the US works like this.  Once a month on the 20th day Sellers activity is tabulated for thier level status.  "If" a Seller earns a higher levle it does not become effective until the 20th day of the FOLLOWING month.

For the 10% Discount you are refering too, same thing from a time standpoint BUT, the TRS level is for 100 US sales and a total of $ 1000.00 US in sale for the PREVIOUS 12 month  period.  To get the TRS Plus 10% Discount Sellers have to offer a 30 Day return policy AND 1 day or less Handling time.  ONLY listings with those qualification earn the 10% Discount.

You should be able to find details on this on your Seller Dashboard ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

If you just got it, you'll get 10% off for the following month. The month you sold stuff, aka the lady 20 days, you were not s TRS...so you won't get a discount for that billing period. 

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Hi
You are on the US . com site and for Top Rated  you don't get 10%
You can list items that qualify for the TRS Plus  10% if you offer 30 day returns & 1 day or same dy handling

I see you have 14 day returns

Here is the information
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html

once you're a Top Rated seller, your listings can qualify for additional benefits. If your listings offer same- or one-business-day handling plus a 30-day or longer return period with money back option, you get:
The Top Rated Plus seal  displayed
A 10% discount on final value fees (this applies to the final item price only, not to shipping charges)

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

@simadiakos wrote:
 ... one of the benefits of becoming a top rated seller is 10% discount on the final selling fees of each item you sell. Today i sold something but i saw that i have charged the normal charges without the 10% discount. Are you getting the 10% discount at the end of the month every time you pay your fees to ebay?...l

Hi, this is the discussion board for eBay sellers in the US.  For sellers in the US, a listing is eligible for the TRS-Plus badge and the 10% final value fee credit if it offers 30-day returns and 1-day handling.

This 10% is a credit, not a discount.  It shows up on your monthly eBay invoice as a single line item for the monthly total credit.  It doesn't show up item-by-item.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@simadiakos  Good morning, I see you are located in Cyprus ... not sure what the rules are for your country but the US works like this.  Once a month on the 20th day Sellers activity is tabulated for thier level status.  "If" a Seller earns a higher levle it does not become effective until the 20th day of the FOLLOWING month.

For the 10% Discount you are refering too, same thing from a time standpoint BUT, the TRS level is for 100 US sales and a total of $ 1000.00 US in sale for the PREVIOUS 12 month  period.  To get the TRS Plus 10% Discount Sellers have to offer a 30 Day return policy AND 1 day or less Handling time.  ONLY listings with those qualification earn the 10% Discount.

You should be able to find details on this on your Seller Dashboard ...

Regards,
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Thanks a lot for your answer. I am located in Cyprus but i list my items on ebay USA. So i read that the same rules applies to all the sellers who list on Ebay USA no matter of the country that they live.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Thanks a lot for your answer but the 10% discount applies also to the top rated sellers and not only top rated plus sellers.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Thanks a lot for your answer. I am located in Cyprus but i list my items on ebay USA. So i read that the same rules applies to all the sellers who list on Ebay USA no matter of the country that they live.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@simadiakos 

@simadiakos wrote:

Excellent and congratulations on attaining the TRS status!  The pic below is from the Seller Dashboard covering the TRS PLUS 10% Discount.

Screenshot (727).png

Regards,
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Thanks. Now i have changed all my listings from a 14 day return policy to a 30 return day policy. Is there anything else i can do so i can allowed the 10% ?
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@simadiakos wrote:
Thanks a lot for your answer but the 10% discount applies also to the top rated sellers and not only top rated plus sellers.

@simadiakos

I think there is a bit of confusion going on here.

TRS (Top Rated Seller) is a seller status based on your performance.

TRP or TRSP (Top Rated Plus) is a listing status. A Top Rated Seller's listings qualify for Plus discounts when they have 1 Day handling and 30 day returns.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@simadiakos wrote:

@simadiakos

No
TRS is a seller status with no 10% as in my first post
There is no Top rated plus sellers
You need the 30 day returns and same or 1 day shipping on listings for the discount.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Yes i think its a bit confusing for me who i didnt knew...

Top Rated Sellers are recognized and rewarded as sellers who consistently deliver outstanding customer service. To be a Top Rated Seller, you must meet certain sales and tracking requirements, as well as performance standards.

Note: These standards are for eBay.com only. For global standards, please see Qualifying for Top Rated Seller status on other eBay sites.

Benefits

You can qualify to become a Top Rated seller by consistently meeting our performance standards for sales and shipment tracking.

Then, once you're a Top Rated seller, your listings can qualify for additional benefits. If your listings offer same- or one-business-day handling plus a 30-day or longer return period with money back option, you get:
The Top Rated Plus seal (Top Rated Plus seal) displayed prominently
A 10% discount on final value fees (this applies to the final item price only, not to shipping charges)
Check your seller standards dashboard to see the details of your performance ratings.

I read this thats why i thought i am allowed to a 10% discount.

Im also a Power seller. I guess neither Power sellers have some benefits?

So from this i understand that Power Sellers ans Top rated sellers they dont have any benefits..... Its just a title.... Only if you are a TOP rated PLUS seller. Right?

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

<<Im also a Power seller. I guess neither Power sellers have some benefits?>>

The only benefit for power sellers is that a buyer can't leave less than positive feedback immediately ... They have to wait 7 days (supposedly giving the seller time to "work it out")

<<So from this i understand that Power Sellers ans Top rated sellers they dont have any benefits..... Its just a title.... Only if you are a TOP rated PLUS seller. Right?>>

Again ... no such thing as a Top Rated Plus seller.

Top Rated Seller

Top Rated Plus listings

Supposedly, TRS get a boost in Best Match searches.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 15 of 26
latest reply