cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am really wondering for what do I pay ebay fee now.....???

Screenshot_41.png

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: I am really wondering for what do I pay ebay fee now.....???

@donla37 wrote:
Look at what others are actually selling.

hmm, brand new anti seller ID.

What a surprise

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

I'm sure there's enough blame to go around- to the buyers, ebay, and the sellers. Sure, buyers want different things but it also doesn't help that ebay has been encouraging Chinese competition or that sellers don't want to change.

One thing is for sure though, the only thing you can change is yourself and what items you list. You have to be constantly evolving with ebay. Hate it when China takes your market? Find a new market. Find new sources and try some new items out. Also, try selling seasonal stuff, I found that stuff to be pretty good. I'm not saying it's ideal but what other choice do we have?

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@totoro470 wrote:

One thing is for sure though, the only thing you can change is yourself and what items you list. You have to be constantly evolving with ebay. Hate it when China takes your market? Find a new market. Find new sources and try some new items out. Also, try selling seasonal stuff, I found that stuff to be pretty good. I'm not saying it's ideal but what other choice do we have?

Exactly.  I looked at what you sell and my first thought was "I bet they get a lot of sales" and sure enough, I was right.  You've got a great range of stuff to appeal to the nostalgia of different age groups as well as some newer things.  Nostalgia is a big thing!  My sister sold a lot of her old toys and collectibles from the 90s here a couple of years ago and made a tidy sum off of them.

I've had a lot of luck with seasonal items as well-- last winter I was shipping out Christmas-related things almost as soon as I listed them.  It's all about experimenting and trying new things and finding out what does well.  I've had times where I've listed things that I expected would probably sit around for a while and they sold within days.  Find a hole and fill it, basically.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@yuzuha

Nostalgia is a big thing!  My sister sold a lot of her old toys and collectibles from the 90s here

Exactly!

People my age (72) are not buying the toys we wanted as children. We did that when we had our babies.

The vintage toys that are selling are those from the 90's and even the 'noughties'.

I attend a fair number of science fiction conventions and there are lots of toy sellers there. The one I always notice are the My Little Pony sellers-- and cosplayers and the bronies, but that's another story.

Star Trek and Star Wars toys, Thunderbirds, Doctor Who, even Klaatu, and lots and lots of saccharine sweet anime stuff. Not my cup of tea (although the 13th Doctor has already earned a place in my fannish heart next to the Fourth Doctor).

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

I still pine for the 9th doctor (eccleston) - just something about the way he played the character.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@donla37 wrote:

What a surprise

@donla37 - another eBay agent...

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
Yep we should all sell cheap cell phone covers and junk jewelery

And why do you think that stuff sells?

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@yuzuha

Nostalgia is a big thing!  My sister sold a lot of her old toys and collectibles from the 90s here

Exactly!

People my age (72) are not buying the toys we wanted as children. We did that when we had our babies.

The vintage toys that are selling are those from the 90's and even the 'noughties'.

I attend a fair number of science fiction conventions and there are lots of toy sellers there. The one I always notice are the My Little Pony sellers-- and cosplayers and the bronies, but that's another story.

Star Trek and Star Wars toys, Thunderbirds, Doctor Who, even Klaatu, and lots and lots of saccharine sweet anime stuff. Not my cup of tea (although the 13th Doctor has already earned a place in my fannish heart next to the Fourth Doctor).

Yeah, stuff pre 90s is definitely falling out of favor. Even 80s stuff doesn't sell that well anymore. I've tried selling antiques or even old toys and they really didn't sell as well as I expected.

I don't know if I'd recommend everyone going the nostalgia route though unless you know about what you're selling or are interested in learning about it. Halloween and Christmas just seems safe to me as a backup, best thing is you can also find the items very cheap during the off seasons. Just keep in mind you'll need to store it for quite a while and that means delayed profits.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so ya know I do blame Ebay, I sell vintage and other items some new . I dont by for a minute all vintage collectors and buyers just stopped Collecting and buying All at the same time. Thats what happened to my sales ( I know the day and I was a power seller Top rate )And if all the so called new generation only wants Junk cheap from china we are all in alot of trouble.  See When I signed up to sell on ebay it didnt say Sell all your drop shipping New items here . 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Antique and vintage isn't falling out of favor its just getting harder to find and will be pricey when found and as a picker do I really want to list that major investment item on ebay only to lose it. You take a few hits for $500.00 to a $1000.00 and you to will understand...

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Halloween and Christmas just seems safe to me as a backup, best thing is you can also find the items very cheap during the off seasons. Just keep in mind you'll need to store it for quite a while and that means delayed profits.

That might mean delayed profits but not necessarily.  That's one of the charms of Ebay~you can buy for any season here at any time.  Many collect Christmas or Halloween or any holiday at any time, or they may look well in advance of holidays for better prices and less demand to fight or chance to miss out.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@unique-finds-for-everyone wrote:
@donla37 wrote:

What a surprise

@donla37 - another eBay agent...

@unique-finds-for-everyone

One of the most rational tips someone can give on how to sell things on Ebay and this is the answer. Another thing is to not only see what actually sells but the price in which those item sell.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply