cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Deleted all my items, now eBay still won't let me close my acount!

Maybe they're just desperate to hold onto sellers so they can bill them and steal more money...subscriptions so no close account.jpg

I've really had it with eBay. I'm sick of this platform.

If they bill me one penny for any made up fee, I will start a class action lawsuit. 

Seriously. They're evil. 

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

@gregalion 

Gaslighting. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

If you’ve sold anything in the last 30 days or so, eBay has to keep the account open until the window closes for buyers to open an item not as described case.  After that window closes for all recent transactions you’ve had, you should be able to close the account.

Editted to add:  you’ve sold several items just TODAY.  So, you can’t close your account until the window closes for those buyers to be able to open cases if they have any problems with their purchases from you.  And, yes, you will be charged seller fees for those sales.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

Account can not be closed for a set period of time after  sales have been made.

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Do you still owe fee's? 

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

What care you that Ebay maintains inactive accounts on their ledger?  And in the meantime follow their instructions and unsubscribe from the active subscriptions, whatever the heck those are.

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Yes eBay is and has been a total psychopathic kleptocracy for many years now. The leadership is insane. The support is run by slave labor drones in far away countries who have never even used eBay a day in their life. I quit selling almost 10 years ago because they constantly screw you in any possible way they can. The fact that they even have sellers tells me humanity is extremely stupid. After their fees and taxes and risk of pure torture, you basically make absolutely nothing. Good luck getting away from them.

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

@liquid8gr8 wrote:

Yes eBay is and has been a total psychopathic kleptocracy for many years now. The leadership is insane. The support is run by slave labor drones in far away countries who have never even used eBay a day in their life. I quit selling almost 10 years ago because they constantly screw you in any possible way they can. The fact that they even have sellers tells me humanity is extremely stupid. After their fees and taxes and risk of pure torture, you basically make absolutely nothing. Good luck getting away from them.

You hate this place.  You haven't sold here for ten years.  Yet you hang around to post to the boards to tell everyone how you angry you still are, a decade on, and how nasty eBay was then and still is. 

Sounds like eBay won in your case, because you just cannot let go of your eBay obsession. Reminds me of divorced people still droning on about how awful their exes were.

=

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

@gregalion wrote:

Maybe they're just desperate to hold onto sellers so they can bill them and steal more money...

I've really had it with eBay. I'm sick of this platform.

If they bill me one penny for any made up fee, I will start a class action lawsuit. 

Seriously. They're evil. 

Well, get in line.  Based on posts here, yours will be class action lawsuit number 3,658.  I've been keeping track.

=

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

Do you know what a class action lawsuit is and how a lawsuit becomes one? You cannot just make one up and maybe a lawyer could explain what a "class action lawsuit" is.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

You sold many items today 8/15 so you probably owe selling fees yet.

That means that ebay will not close your account for 60 days from the day that you request its closing after you pay your current invoice.
https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/closing-account?id=4199&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&...

-------------
Posting ID
Message 11 of 39
latest reply

I didn't sell anything at all today. I DELETED ALL my listings.

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

@gregalion wrote:

Then the buyer of the pile driver poop is going to be very disappointed.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

@gregalion wrote:

Your account shows that that nine items sold today. The rest are deleted.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/gregalion/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_tr...

-------------
Posting ID
Message 14 of 39
latest reply

Closing Your Account 

• All your fees and other selling costs are paid and your available funds is zero
  • You don’t have open bids on an item
  • You don’t have any outstanding payouts to be processed to your checking account 

Since you aren't signing up for Managed Payments according to your past posts, that means you get to wait a full six months for eBay to send the funds to your state's unclaimed property division before you can request an account closure.

We can’t close an account and/or delete associated data if:

• You owe eBay money
  • You have pending transactions (i.e. open bids, pending payments from buyers, outstanding payouts to be processed to your checking account)
  • Data related to an account needs to be retained for a purpose required by applicable law

But wait - does eBay need to hang on to the data until a 1099 is issued in the new year for 2021 taxes? I have no idea if that could be tied to the last bullet point and prevent someone from closing their account. I wouldn't think so, but I really have no idea. Does anybody else know?

Please pass the popcorn. I'd like a nice snack while I read about which fees eBay has "made up."

Message 15 of 39
latest reply