cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge upswing in non-paying bidders since Ebay rolled out new policy. No way to report the abuse!

I've noticed a huge upswing with non-paying bidders with the newer Ebay policies where you cannot even report them. They say this new 5 day policy to cancel the order and move on is to help us but that is not true. I'm now getting way more non-paying bidders then before, building up several items in a cart, I take the time to put together combined invoice, and then nothing. 

I have no recourse, these new policies just reward this behavior and punish the seller. This all takes time and money out of my day to deal with. This is ridiculous. 

Anyone else experience this? It's like Ebay it's taking the San Francisco approach to operating a business, thieves and looters and scoundrels can operate with impunity and maybe even more rights then normal citizens. 

Contact Ebay and their CSR are useless, they have no ability to do anything. They've been stripped of any meaningful ability other then to read a script to upsell you to a product. The sellers profits are being cannibalized for the benefit of the buyers crappy behavior...rewarded for it.

rant over

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Huge upswing in non-paying bidders since Ebay rolled out new policy. No way to report the abuse!

I had someone pay and then change their mind immediately after. So , although I did receive payment, it was immediately returned, therefore it was a non-sale.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Re: Huge upswing in non-paying bidders since Ebay rolled out new policy. No way to report the abuse!

@craigstevensstudio wrote:

every improvment ebay makes is a sep backwards for us sellers these days.

If a buyer hasn’t paid within 4 days, on the 5th day you can go to your Seller Hub to cancel the transaction using the “Buyer hasn't paid” reason and this gives the buyer a strike and you can relist. In future to have eBay automatically cancel your transactions due to non-payment:

Go here:   https://www.ebay.com/Cancel/Preference/UnpaidPurchase                                     

This new procedure is actually a giant step forward that I as a seller appreciate very much.

Admittedly I have few issues (2 in 15 years) but I like that seller's no longer have to keep checking on these idiot buyer's and can just sit back and let eBay work the magic.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

It's really been THAT long since they did that?? Feels like last week.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

When the seller, after 4 days of nonpayment, cancels the transaction, that IS reporting the abuse.

If you, as a seller, aren't following this procedure, then you, as a seller, are contributing to the problem. 

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@czekl123 wrote:

I have no recourse, these new policies just reward this behavior and punish the seller. This all takes time and money out of my day to deal with. This is ridiculous. 

You have exactly the same recourse you had before, except that you can now accomplish it in 5 days with 1 step instead of in 6 days with 2 steps. 

You may see a correlation between two, but that does not mean one caused the other. 

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

It's a buyers playground .All of my high ticket auctions end up with a non paying bidder lately .They think it's funny or a game to be played .

Message 21 of 21
latest reply