cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge drop in traffic and sales. TRS but sales down over 80%

We had a slight recovery in sales October 25 - November 17. Daily sales like normal (last 5 years). All sales and activity stopped on 11/17. ZERO sales for 4 days. What happened again? Sept-Oct traffic had decreased over 90%. Sales stopped. We called repeatedly, something changed, eBay fixed us, we started selling again. Now all has stopped. No change in seller status or quantities listed. What happened? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Huge drop in traffic and sales. TRS but sales down over 80%

How did Ebay "Fix" you, with the initial phase?
"It's a Mere Moment in a Man's Life, between the All Star game and the Old-Timer's game." Vin Scully
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Same here. I personally am sick and tired of it. I don't have the time or patience to keep manipulating my listings to adapt to latest changes. I have heard a million and one suggestions of how to increase visibility/sales. It shouldn't have to be that way that you have to continually tweak things for listings to get visibility. Really just one big headache.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Our sales recovered when the left side search stopped working. Date eBay says they fixed left column searches (ie Specific searches) is the day we stopped selling. (Announcements). EBay did not say what they did all we know is sales recovered 10/25-11/18. All other times sale were down over 90% from previous period.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Average Sales history. 2015 sales = $3000 per month. 2016 & 2017 = $2000 per month. 2018 (repeated eBay system changes) sales = $1000 per month. 2019 sale3 = less than $400 per month. We still list 200-300 listing totaling over $10K in active inventory. Always have. This is what eBay search and system changes has done to my business. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Sales started to pick up for me after ending listings, relisting them, adding new listings, adding item specifics, etc.

IMO, calling eBay will do little or nothing. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Not getting many sales here. The only thing that's getting any action are that the red numbers keep growing. Down 53% from last month and down 44% from last year. Crashing real fast and about to burn.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

This topic as been beaten to death, we have multiple accounts for 12+ years sales went from $800-2k almost per day across all accounts down to $100-300 a day starting end of June. Nothing we have done has helped, we have ten thousand + 100% feedback, thousands of items listed, new listing weekly, etc nothing works. We are in the process of taking down all our stores and closing our eBay accounts by Dec 31st. This place is going down faster than the titanic thanks to its executives.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Just looked at my store. Left side under categories States - "All" then "undefined" 36 times Undefined.  ??? What is this ?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

This is not an accident. Either they are weeding some sellers out or just don't care about how pathetic this has become. It's a total slap in the face for sellers who are trying to make a buck to, at least, make it through Christmas. I have never been so upset and disappointed in my 10 years as a small seller.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@oldedale wrote:

Just looked at my store. Left side under categories States - "All" then "undefined" 36 times Undefined.  ??? What is this ?

Sounds like your catalog data may have gotten corrupted.

We've dealt with that issue before, and we had to contact the Structured Data team to fix it.

Took 4 separate cases over 6 months before they took ANY action....

I just wish you good luck. It's so hard to find help for serious problems at eBay as they usually claim "this issue is not happening to anyone else and we need enough reports for the tech team to accept the case"...

I've been reported issues with listing data getting corrupted since around March-June 2018... the problem has only got worse over time 😕

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Our sales initially had the BIG drop from steady 2 years of $2k/mo to $1K/mo in March 2018. Just a coincidence?
Message 12 of 12
latest reply