cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to succeed at social media marketing per ebay ads

If I follow the picture, then we need to be cute young model types with a ski cap and cell phone to success at social media marketing. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

And don't forget the emojis.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

If I follow the picture, then we need to be cute young model types with a ski cap and cell phone to success at social media marketing. 

True. Ebay Marketing seems to favor any photos showing young mostly white females smiling at laptops. Their tunnel vision in picking stock photos starts to get kind of bizarre after a while. But I would rather they put more effort into fixing things that are broken. That is what will attract users - having a site that works properly.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

All of the Facebook postings I have seen have been basically the logo, a brief statement of who they are and a link to their eBay store

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

To succeed in eBay ads through social media marketing for us; we have noted these points:

1. Know Your Audience: Understand who you're targeting.

2. Consistent Branding: Keep your look and message consistent.

3. Engaging Content: Create eye-catching and relevant posts.

4. Visuals Matter: Use high-quality images and videos.

5. Hashtags: Use relevant hashtags to expand reach.

6. Interact: Run polls, contests, and engage with followers.

7. Collaborate: Partner with influencers or related brands.

8. Timing: Post when your audience is most active.

9. Feedback: Share positive customer reviews.

10. Call-to-Action: Guide users on what to do next.

Remember, be adaptable and track your results for ongoing success.  Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

To market your items on social media, you need to cultivate an audience who will see your marketing efforts on social media. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

@deltilogical wrote:

True. Ebay Marketing seems to favor any photos showing young mostly white females smiling at laptops. Their tunnel vision in picking stock photos starts to get kind of bizarre after a while. But I would rather they put more effort into fixing things that are broken. That is what will attract users - having a site that works properly.

FWIW, I see both men and women of all colours and backgrounds in their clip art - I think they try to be inclusive of their audience (is that woke??? /s), but they are predominantly Z gen...since eBay is trying to attract that audience.

In marketing terms, it appears that media consumers prefer having photos of people, even if they are generic, rather than just text.  So, we get the clip art.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@itsjustasprain wrote:

@deltilogical wrote:

FWIW, I see both men and women of all colours and backgrounds in their clip art - I think they try to be inclusive of their audience (is that woke??? /s), but they are predominantly Z gen...since eBay is trying to attract that audience.

I guess I would say that they are better than they used to be with their range of stock photos. I remember some 4-part or 6-part series on effective marketing that they put up on one of their blogs a few years back in which Every. Single. Photo. showed a young female, usually white, beaming at a laptop. Photo requirements for that series were apparently 1 - Female 2 - Smiling 3 - Laptop Somewhere in Picture. It just got to be something between silly and bizarre as you paged through the postings.

I mean - I don't think they were ever actively trying to exclude other people  - just lazy in pulling up one much too limited selection of stock photos.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply