cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sell a gift card

Hi there:  I am hoping that someone can tell me how I can safely sell a gift card on ebay.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to sell a gift card

I'm not sure it's safe. Many posts about seller's complaining they sold a card the buyer claimed was empty and they were forced to refund.  You should sell it to CardCash or somewhere like that. PennyHoarder has a list of places to sell it to. You probably won't get as much but it's probably safer.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Don't.  Use it your self. Better than some scammer.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Don't, sell something else  😊

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hi, eBay has a very strict policy on selling gift cards, most can no longer be sold. If you are looking to sell an unwanted gift card, you will need to find another place to do so.  Here is their policy so you know what is and is not allowed.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/gift-cards-policy?id=4294&st=12&pos=4... cards policy&intent=gift card&context=9014_BUYER&docId=HELP1197

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@abius_6 

This thread is almost 3 years old and the person is no longer a registered user, which means they were suspended from selling here on eBay.  Gift cards here on eBay are high scam items.  Lots of problems with them.  I wouldn't suggest selling them here at all.  Just letting you know.

Happy Selling

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Probably better and safer to buy things with the card and then sell those items on eBay.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply