cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to not sell an item overseas

I have been selling to international buyers.

Now, I want to offer an item for sale that is restricted in some European nations.   Is there a way when I create a listing for an item for sale to NOT make it available to buyers outside of the United States?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

On you seller dashboard, go to Account, then Shipping Preferences, then click Edit on the line for "Exclude Shipping Locations".  You can then pick whole regions or sub-countries within that region.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

On you seller dashboard, go to Account, then Shipping Preferences, then click Edit on the line for "Exclude Shipping Locations".  You can then pick whole regions or sub-countries within that region.

Doing that will apply the restrictions to EVERY listing not just one. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I looked at several of your listings and you are using EIS for international sales. EIS will filter out those items that are restricted for import so simply list the item. If it is restricted when it is posted it will, or should, reflect the countries the item cannot be shipped to. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You can edit the shipping options on that listing, or if using Business Policies, create a new policy to exclude certain countries.  As @dbfolks166mt said, though, you probably don't need to, it should block them automatically.  That's not perfect, though, so you can do it yourself if needed.  It only applies to people with a shipping address for those countries, though, so they can still use a freight forwarder to get it, but that's their problem at that point.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply