cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Second Chance Offer

E-Bay notified me that they had canceled a sale because of a problem with the buyer.  The buyer hadn't paid nor was the item shipped.  My page continued to show the transaction as waiting for payment, so after a couple days, I canceled the order on my end.  Now I can't seem to either make a Second Chance Offer, nor can I relist the item per all instructions that I've read.  What to do?  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@mostlymoms  If you go to Listings then Unsold on your Seller hub, it might be there. There is also the option on Seller Hub for Unsold and not relisted on the Overview page in one of the squares that show Tasks, Feedback, Orders, etc.

If ebay canceled the sale, and it's because there was an issue with the buyer's account - potential fraud, hacked ebay account, etc.I wouldn't make a 2nd chance offer to that buyer

What reason did you choose when you cancelled the order? It's been a while since I had ebay cancel an order, so I'm not sure if maybe they have changed the process. If the buyer didn't pay, it should close automatically after day 4.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello!  I did respond earlier, but was on my phone so must not have been sent.  Thank you for responding! When e-Bay canceled, it continued showing as Sold/Awaiting Payment on my account.  After a day or 2, I went ahead and canceled on my end at which point it pretty much vanished. It does not show as Active nor as Unsold.  The only place it shows up is in Cancellations, but when I click onto it, there are no function options, just the bare bones of the cancellation.  There was quite a lot of bidding that went on, and I would like to make a Second Chance Offer to the next highest bidder, or at least relist without having to write the whole thing over again.  This hasn't happened very often to me, but I do remember being able to make a SCO with no hassle at all.  I gave the "Buyer didn't pay" reason for my cancellation.  It almost as if e-Bay canceled without following through?  Kath

Message 3 of 3
latest reply