cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to issue partial refund

A customer placed two separate orders but requested combined shipping. We want to refund the extra shipping they paid, but cannot find a way to do this. Called eBay and they said to do it through Paypal, but I don't see a way there either. Payments from eBay sales are no longer credited on Paypal so we have no access to the sale there. Anyone no how to make a partial refund when there is no return involved?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to issue partial refund

On the Orders section find one of the orders, select it and use the drop down menu. Click send refund and then change the amount.

RF.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Did you already ship it?  Is the difference a few dollars?  Is it being shipped within the US and are you in the US?

Here is what I do and maybe some won't agree but this is what I have always done if the difference is from $3 to $10.   I put the few dollars cash in a envelope with a notecard explaining that this difference is for combined shipping and put it in the package.  If it is under 3, I do not refund. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

On the Orders section find one of the orders, select it and use the drop down menu. Click send refund and then change the amount.

RF.jpg

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

OP do it this way on the seller hub as shown. Also make sure tracking is uploaded on both items.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Item already shipped, but thanks for replying.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The refund button is not offered on the page that we generally work from. I went to the "My eBay Sold" page as you suggested and was able to issue the refund. Many Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you duncanvr, I don't know why ebay does not make it more obvious and helpful for the seller and put it on the seller page, or as an option on the original item listing drop down menu.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have tried to issue partial refund for shipping and cannot get the submit button to turn from gray to blue. I put the amount in, then it ask for something else I do not understand about distributing the refund. its attached to one of the items. why include an option that on its face, when read, is unclear?????????????

Message 8 of 8
latest reply