cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do feedback in color and easily use emoticons! 😃

Just a helpful post in case any of you have seen or been wanting to use color and emoticons in your feedback.  

It's a neat little trick you can do right from your computer. 😎😊🧡😉 

Hit the windows key (..the key near the bottom of the keyboard that looks like windows) and then the period key. A pop up menu box will appear that shows you lots of emoticons you can then pick what you want. 😍 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@nancysjewelsandsupplies wrote:

Just a helpful post in case any of you have seen or been wanting to use color and emoticons in your feedback.  

Hit the windows key (..the key near the bottom of the keyboard that looks like windows) and then the period key. A pop up menu box will appear that shows you lots of emoticons you can then pick what you want. 😍 

Which key do people "hit" if they're using a Apple product or a Chromebook?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I've done what you said, a menu box pops up, but there is no emoticons ?

I'm using Chrome-- windows 10.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@nancysjewelsandsupplies wrote:

Sorry but I would just find that way too... precious or something. They can also be really difficult to see on a small smartphone screen. I notice that you are not actually doing this in your own feedback left for others - good for you - just dont start. Smiley Happy Hey - I just used one! But not in a feedback for a seller. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

Sorry but I would just find that way too... precious or something. They can also be really difficult to see on a small smartphone screen. I notice that you are not actually doing this in your own feedback left for others - good for you - just dont start. Smiley Happy Hey - I just used one! But not in a feedback for a seller. 

I beg to differ... the OP should exclusively use emoticons and nothing else as feedback to others. Ha ha

I wonder if this is a feedback violation if I leave this for a buyer "👎👎👎". OT, one time a buyer left me a feedback with a middle finger emoticon in the comment. Way to get around the profanity violation.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Didn't one of the blues say NOT to use emoticons?  Seem like I remember someone really griping about hearts....maybe it was in titles tho........  my memory..........sigh

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Didn't one of the blues say NOT to use emoticons?  Seem like I remember someone really griping about hearts....maybe it was in titles tho........  my memory..........sigh

With all of ebay's rules, policies, loopholes, glitches, tests, bugs, internal rules, external rules, guidelines (not rules), work-arounds, changes to keep track of... I wouldn't fault your memory.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

I've done what you said, a menu box pops up, but there is no emoticons ?

I'm using Chrome-- windows 10.

You have to press them quickly staggered - holding the Windows key down (similar to using the Alt function).  🎃🎃

- Suzanne -
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Same memory problem here... but... I think... I remember one of the Blues saying not to use them in the title. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply