cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change store URL? (I've read all the other posts)

I've read all the posts on the eBay community forum about this. I've tried all the methods. I just can't figure out how to change my store's URL.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I remember reading last year that even though you can change your store name, that store URLs can no longer changed. I don't remember the source or if it was accurate info, though.

brian@ebay tyler@ebay- can you guys confirm one way or the other? Thanks!

If store URLs can't be changed then you can add it to the list of problems with stores- like the YEAR-long issue of not being able to add, delete or move store categories! 😡

@coffeebean832 the store name a seller chooses determines the stores web address (or "URL") with the format https://www.ebay.com/str/storename. The system will take out special characters (apostrophes, spaces, &, !, $, etc.), and make all letters lowercase. While it was possible to change a store URL in the past, that is no longer an option. 

Brian,
Community Team

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Did you change the name?

Because you need to do that first.

Is this what you did?

While changing your store name will not automatically update your store URL, you can follow the steps below to make adjustments:

1. Opt out of the new store experience back to our legacy experience:
    1. Go to your storefront
    2. Enter: http://stores.ebay.com/<store_name>/optout
  2. From the store management page, change the store name as desired in the legacy store experience, this will also change the url
  3. Opt back in to the new store experience:
    1. http://storefront.ebay.com/psn/edit/landing/preview
    2. Click publish
  4. From the store management page, change the store name as needed to match the store name outlined in step 2
  5. Store names and urls should now be consistent

You can review our Help Page on opening a store for more details on our naming guidelines.

Note: Your old store URL may still appear in third party search results. You can request to have these outdated content removed once you've changed your URL (here for Google and here for Bing). You will need to login or create an account with the associated search engine to submit your request and track the progress. Once the cached result is removed, only the current URL will appear in third party search results.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Commonly-Asked-Questions/How-do-I-change-my-store-URL/ta-p/27794213 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

I don' t think you can't change the URL.  It belongs to eBay.  You can change your store name which will change the URL accordingly.  From the seller hub / overview go to the seller tools section and click on 'manage store'.  It will bring up the storefront with the option to change the name.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

That's what I did; yes.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I've changed the name and it didn't change the URL. I changed the name 1-2 hours ago.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

ebay.com/str/<your ebay username>

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Nope. Not showing up: https://www.ebay.com/str/eforgreen

It only shows up for the old name from before I had a DBA: https://www.ebay.com/str/connorahernselectronics

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@e4green_official wrote:

I've changed the name and it didn't change the URL. I changed the name 1-2 hours ago.

Did you follow all the steps?  Because you need to do them in order and not skip any. I looked and your store still shows the old name so it hasn't gone through yet. 

So you opted out as posted & back into legacy,  then changed store name, opt back in and published? 

Because if you did all those steps you might need assistance.

That should have changed the name & url- 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

It won't happen right away, give it 24 hours.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

It won't happen right away, give it 24 hours.

This ^^ it has to index and then propagate through the site.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Alright. It's been a while and it hasn't changed. Could someone please help?

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@e4green_official wrote:

Alright. It's been a while and it hasn't changed. Could someone please help?

@e4green_official 

I would go to my post #2 and do everything in order again, just to make certain nothing got missed.

It can't hurt to try it again.. 

~Pika~

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I will soon, but I have tried it a few times. Still, will try again tommorow.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

*tomorrow i mean

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Ok, trying it now.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply