cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel "Good til cancelled' Listings

How do you change the "good til Cancelled" listings to 30 day listings? It says that ebay is trying to help me sell the item faster so they are automatically changing all fixed priced listings to goo til cancelled. How do you get around that? I just got charged $20 in relisting fees.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: How to cancel "Good til cancelled' Listings

I'm sorry to tell you but there is no other option for fixed price listings. They are all now good til cancelled.

To avoid the relist fees you will have to physically go in & cancel the items a day before they end. Or a couple hours before. If you forget, they'll roll over thanks to eBay who will collect more fees. not nice is it?

This new law started March 18  so any fixed price items you list from that day on will be good til cancelled. Any listed before 3-18 will end the date you set up for them to end. Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Here is what we will probably see in the future also. "500 free listings listed from X date to X date" Then in
small print...... GTC will relist in 30 days at normal fee rate! BAM! GOTCH YA!
Message 3 of 47
latest reply

thanks for cracking me up
Message 4 of 47
latest reply

that sucks! thank you for your reply
Message 5 of 47
latest reply

If you take a look through the recent posts on the discussion boards, you will see that this recent(March 18) change has thousands of sellers up in arms. Ebay has given the reason that having all fixed price listings Good til Canceled will stabilize links to items for people who search from Google. I expect a whole lot of folks will be caught off guard, and charged for the automatic relists, and will be very upset.  

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

I have resolved the problem, I have changed from featured to 'basic' shop; Also anchor shops will not be affected by 'good to cancelled' non option on their listings!!!!!!

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Yes, I bet those "Free" bonus listings won't be so "free", after all, in a month.  I will be forced to use the bonus listings in the Auction format, if Ebay will allow it.

Ebay should define a "month" as 31 days, to avoid double listing fees in May and other months with 31 days.  I list all my 250 BIN's listings on the 1st of every month.  It's a problem if I forget to cancel my listings early.  A $62.50 problem (250 X 25 cents), if nothing I listed on the 1st, sold.  GTC probably won't affect my sales, but will take more work managing my store.

Burger Kings slogan used to be, "Have it your Way".  Ebays slogan is something much different.

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

It's a good thing you didn't notice until tomorrow, April Fools Day.  This is because ebay thinks we are all fools and will stick around long enough to pay hundreds more over time.  My biggest concern is that ebay might try to relist the old 30 day listings rather than wait until we relist them as GTC.  I have my lawyer on speed dial just in case.  Don't forget to write off that extra $20 this new policy has cost you.

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Only problem with that is the basic comes with a one-year plan. ,. I have been on here for 18 years or so, and all these changes that keep coming never stopping, it's downright crazy. I will be getting off the one-year plan and go month-to-month see how it shakes out. Good luck to everyone
Message 10 of 47
latest reply

I agree, This is a bad Ebay decision. thank goodness, I dont sell for a living but just to supplement my income. I dont like not having a choice on how I list. Also, Not being a store,, If I go on vacation. I must cancel all my fixed prices? This is insanity. Thinking of not selling at all. the thing, I liked was that the choice on how to sell was mine , not Ebay. Think this is just a way to charge more fees. Soon at this rate. I might as well sell at yard sale, where, I control prices.
Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Hello Amazon. Good bye Ebay! 17 years with only2 negative feedbacks. Glad I kept customer records all that time. Ebay was grasping at straws. They are losing money every season 

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

This is where a external inventory and eBay listing application such as GarageSale would come in handy.

In this example, 30 Day Listings (i.e., the new GTC) are divided into folders with a numbered suffix. 

A note on my desktop contains the end date of each of these groups (28 days after each group was started).

"Fixed" 1 April 7

"" 2 April 12

"" 3 April 14

"" 4 April 15

To end all the items in group 4 on April 15th; for instance, I would select its folder, click in the center preview area, click the keyboard combination Command + A to select all of them and then select "Stop X Listings.. from a menubar popup control. This would cause a popup window to appear on which I indicate the reason for the cancellation. The app then cancels the listings in the background while I do other other things. Selecting and initiating the cancellation takes about 10 seconds regardless of how many items are in the folder.

You could also place the date within the name of the folder such as "30 Day Fixed April 15"; however, I find it easier to just use a generic numbered suffix as the folder names are more easily recycled.

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 5.44.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 5.58.52 PM.png

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

nobody has mentioned my main problem w/this change

i used to LIKE being reminded every 30 days, when something came off sale, cuz i would lower the price.  it was very organized doing it like that.  put a high price on, in 30 days when it was off-sale, lower it....  repeat every 30 days

now i have no automatic reminder/list of items that have been up a month, or their coming off sale in a nice "unsold" section on ebay for me to easily work with  ; (

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

I am wondering if ebay went to the GTC because number 1. the roll over fee but also I think they want us to set the prices so low that they sell in a month period. I am sure everybody else gets the annoying emails lower your price to sell your item. There are eyes on your items make a sale now. Yeah sell the stuff for 0.99 cents offer free returns and free shipping. Gift wrapped and hand delivered. 🙂
Message 15 of 47
latest reply