cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to best handle time away for three weeks?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@blueeagleflight7 ,

The best thing to do is set your store on time away mode. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@blueeagleflight7 

I have only "buy it now" listings.

I do the "time away" without allowing sales while the ID is away.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

As others have suggested, time away with items hidden so you can't get sales.

You can cancel the time away a few days before you return, depending on your handling time, to show your items again and get sales.  If I'm closing my store for about a  2-week trip,  say a Friday to a Sunday, I'll usually reopen it on the Thursday before the Sunday I'm returning.  I have 2- business day handling on most items, so I'd still be in my handling time window for any orders made on that Thursday. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I agree with splendidthreads.  Im currently on an out of state trip.  I put my store on time-away without allowing sales.  I’ll be home and ready to ship items again on Tuesday, so I reopened my store the Thursday before, and change my handling time to 3 days.  (I’ll change that back again once I’m home).  The other thing I do is I take a bunch of photos before I start my trip so I can list a new item each day while I’m away.  Don’t know if that helps keep things moving or not, but figured it was worth a try.  I did get 4 sales since reopening on Thursday, so that’s something.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

When I go out of town for 1-2 weeks, I use the time away but allow sales.  Listings have a flag that states seller is away until ... and shipping may be delayed.  Why risk losing a sale?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Because some buyers won't notice that alert, and will get impatient and cranky when their item doesn't arrive promptly.  But apparently you do have patient buyers.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply