cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is it possible to open an INR less than 24 hours after purchase?

I feel like I've see this question posted several times here, but I can't find any real explanation.

Buyer purchased an item yesterday evening, messaged me 3 times in the middle of the night, then opened an INR for that same item at 9 a.m. this morning. The most irritating thing about this is that the due date for the INR is the 25th, but the estimated delivery date isn't even until the 26th.

I've got the situation with the buyer handled, I just don't understand - does anyone know how it's possible for a buyer to open an INR this quickly?

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Not sure, I guess the system just allows that to happen, even just after the item is purchased? Not too slick.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Welcome to eBay.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

Well, I don't understand how this happened. I recently opened by first ever INR. System rejected it saying I needed to wait another week. So, I don't see how this buyer was successful in opening and INR so quickly, not that I doubt you, I mean why did the system allow this buyer and not me. 

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

Like the previous poster, I've tried to open an INR when it is actually past the EDD and been unable to because the tracking showed it was in transit--albeit sitting in the middle of nowhere for three weeks.

Really makes a person wonder sometimes.

I suppose it's one thing to allow a buyer to open the INR but another thing for them to win it. Still doesn't make any sense to me, though.

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

I agree with everyone.  It shouldn't happen. 

Just curious, why was your buyer trying to contact you?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 43
latest reply

Bad programmers. 

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

@sawithe-47 wrote:

Bad programmers. 

Or not enough of them, or bad management, or no budget. Who knows. But I have been saying for a few years now that many of the things they struggle with are trivialities at Amazon.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

@espresso_warehouse wrote:

@sawithe-47 wrote:

Bad programmers. 

Or not enough of them, or bad management, or no budget. Who knows. But I have been saying for a few years now that many of the things they struggle with are trivialities at Amazon.

Probably even easier with Facebook. Plus lower fees 😊

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

@sawithe-47 wrote:

@espresso_warehouse wrote:

@sawithe-47 wrote:

Bad programmers. 

Probably even easier with Facebook. Plus lower fees 😊

I'm giving it a few more months. My hope is that the MP transition and Covid traffic increase were two huge challenges and now they can get back to fixing their platform. Try to be optimistic.

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

Have you tried to make contact with your shipper?   A  package sitting  for 3  three weeks would be deemed lost by some shippers or it maybe  in  an areas  impacted by weather issues.  These eBay Announcements  "may" be of  help to you

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-to-extend-seller-protections-to-sellers-impacted-by...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-to-extend-seller-protections-to-sellers-impacted-by...

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 11 of 43
latest reply

...it happened to me once with a buyer from Florida within 24-hour window of sales transaction...

...couldn't cancel the sale even that was what I wanted the most...so printed out shipping label and submit tracking number to the INR case...also input a message in the comment box about the issue...

...and still wonder up until now how could someone opened an INR case in such a short time with eBay's approval...

...glad to see I am not only a victim of this matter...

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

@popblox wrote:

Buyer purchased an item yesterday evening, messaged me 3 times in the middle of the night, then opened an INR for that same item at 9 a.m. this morning. 

Even though it's handled now, can you post a screenshot @popblox as it sounds like a payment dispute with that 5-day deadline?

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I agree with everyone.  It shouldn't happen. 

Just curious, why was your buyer trying to contact you?

It's an action figure that comes with a digital code and they wanted me to send the code through message, despite the fact that the listing says "CODE CANNOT BE SENT EARLY THROUGH MESSAGE" (I didn't send it to them).

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

They made a mistake and used the wrong eBay protocol when they actually changed their mind about the purchase.  We are seeing less remorse returns for example. 

Message 15 of 43
latest reply