cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you as a seller, feel about positive feedback from a buyer mentioning refund was given???

For me I would rather not have this advertised on my feedback.  Am I being negative about this???  I also worry about DSR ratings.  I've gotton positive glowing feedback sometimes, with the buyer trashing my DSRS.

I know all of this is out of my hands, feedback is voluntary, etc.  

I just think that if full refunds are given, it is as if the transaction never happened, and no feedback should be allowed to be left for either the seller/buyer in this type of transation.  I know wishful thinking on my part, lol!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

How do you as a seller, feel about positive feedback from a buyer mentioning refund was given???

With all due respect, just because a refund is given, feedback is still important as there may be circumstances a buyer needs to warn other buyers about.  The refund does not magically make everything bright and rosy as if it never happened, although many seem to think it should.  It may still have been a negative experience for the buyer.  A disappointed buyer will want to be able to express that disappointment.

I'm a buyer but I am not comfortable with someone leaving feedback about a refund as that could encourage others to develop "issues".  However, they may think that they are showing that you are upright, dependable, reputable, and trustworthy.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@designforyou wrote:

I just think that if full refunds are given, it is as if the transaction never happened, and no feedback should be allowed to be left for either the seller/buyer in this type of transation. 

When I have to get a refund I am happy to get my money back but I have never been happy to have to get a refund in the first place.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

If someone negged you after you refunded his money, how would you follow up feedback?

Probably - full refund given

So what is the difference if the buyer mentions it in a positive feedback.

It is not going to change an honest buyer from suddenly thinking you are a patsy and it is not going to change a scammer who wants to mess with you.  

It is simply a feedback of how the transaction was handled.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

On my list of things to worry about-that doesn't even make the cut.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@designforyou wrote:

I just think that if full refunds are given, it is as if the transaction never happened, and no feedback should be allowed to be left for either the seller/buyer in this type of transation. 

When I have to get a refund I am happy to get my money back but I have never been happy to have to get a refund in the first place.

I agree.  I bought the item.  If I wanted to keep my money, I wouldn't have bought the item.  So obviously the item is what a buyer wants, not their money back.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I agree.  I bought the item.  If I wanted to keep my money, I wouldn't have bought the item.  So obviously the item is what a buyer wants, not their money back.

Not true for ALL buyers.  Some buyers want the item AND their money back.  Some buyers keep items and send back junk AND get their money back. Some buyers "rent" or use the item and send it back.

Some competitors buy items, return them just to knock down/mess up a competitor's ratings.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

And some sellers see bad buyers behind every tree.

why do so many discussions about disappointed buyers turn into “but there are bad buyers out there”?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@designforyou wrote:

For me I would rather not have this advertised on my feedback.  Am I being negative about this???  I also worry about DSR ratings.  I've gotton positive glowing feedback sometimes, with the buyer trashing my DSRS.

I know all of this is out of my hands, feedback is voluntary, etc.  

I just think that if full refunds are given, it is as if the transaction never happened, and no feedback should be allowed to be left for either the seller/buyer in this type of transation.  I know wishful thinking on my part, lol!

I recently made two purchases from a seller . A few days later they informed me they are out of stock . They asked that I wait until they had them back in stock  but they couldn't tell me when that might be . I was pretty sure I could get them someplace else  so I asked for a refund . They finally sent me a refund  but on only one of the items I paid for . I wondered if they hoped I'd just be happy with that  and go away.  Since then I've been messaging with them  back and forth over the second refund  but I keep getting excuses . Theres no reason why I wouldn't mention  this hassle  in their feedback in spite of the one refund . Tulips 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Snce then I've been messaging with them  back and forth over the second refund  but I keep getting excuses. Theres no reason why I wouldn't mention  this hassle  in their feedback in spite of the one refund . Tulips

Did seller send the item they did have, is that why they are not refunding?  Sellers are as I understand it, are to have stock on hand to cover their listings.  Yes, I agree seller giving you a hassle is not fun, however if they fulfilled the order for the second item, while it may not be to your liking, they did fulfill their obligation to send it.  If it were me I would file a report with ebay about the out of stock situation, and would also mention it in feedback. If it were me I would refund, and send the remaining item free of all costs to the buyer.  Mistakes happen.  How they are handled can make the difference between(in most cases) parties a positive one.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I hate it for the two days it is there before it drops to the second page.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

No, buyers need to know when a seller doesn't hold up their end of the sell. I will pay a few dollars more to buy from a seller who ships the product than less money and risk a refund. I don't buy refunds, I buy items. I check seller feedback.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I will pay a few dollars more to buy from a seller who ships the product than less money and risk a refund. I don't buy refunds, I buy items. I check seller feedback.

I do that too.   Checking feedback, paying more and shipping a product do not always ensure satisfaction. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Your right a lot of scammers look to see who refunds.  But the truth is we all pretty much have too.  It would be nice if its hidden though.  Best regards

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

A positive is better than a negative. I would take it as a sign that I resolved the buyer's issue to their satisfaction.

I see the point about advertising refunds on the feedback page, but I guess I don't think it's that different from having a return policy. Refunds are available on any transaction if you offer returns or if a buyer says not as described.

Unless you have very low sales numbers the feedback should drop off the first page in no time and it will blend in with all the other positive remarks.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply