cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we tell what percent of our listings are coin, bullion and currency?

There is a need to know this. When I signed up for managed pay I got a notice to "get ready".

When I started reviewing readiness steps I notice a list of restrictions. Turns out that under managed pay all coins, bullion and currency will be removed. I would be interested in knowing WHY?

When I contacted eBay to have myself removed from managed pay I was told I had to be over 50% on these listings

to remain on the "old" method of pay. Trying to figure out how many more I need to list on each of my sites, but I don't see any kind of report to pull. Does anybody know?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How do we tell what percent of our listings are coin, bullion and currency?

You would have to look at your 'active' items in your 'my ebay' and then you can list by category. 

For this sign on name you posted with, you have 1022 listings and about 670 in coins/money (I was able to just look at your listings, at top is states total, and then click the various categories on the left to see how many you had under 'mercury dime' 'lincoln penny' etc. 

So, if this all you sell, you have more than 50% already in those categories

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@sstev3 wrote:

Thank you.

I f you have already signed up you may have a problem getting out contrary to what CS has told you.

Many have been told that the only way out of managed payments is to stop selling or open a new account to sell coins before they register you.

It may get to the point the all new accounts must be in MP

I wish you luck at trying to manipulate the system to your benefit.

Please keep us posted.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If you leave managed payments, you leave ebay, because once you're in, it's all or nothing.

I don't know why they have that current ban on selling many things in managed payments, not just coins, . It doesn't seem managed very well!

Managed payments restricted items policy
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/managed-payments-restricted-items-policy?id=5009

I sell or sold mostly silver coins so I haven't been invited yet.

Thing is, I have suspended selling because the price of silver has skyrocketed, as well as gold, and I am just holding for other considerations too.

I am also done buying on ebay, for a while anyway, as I have had bad luck with orders not updating or arriving, and 2 sellers that apparently printed the label but never make it to the PO. That could also be the USPS fault but I am not having that problem from other venues?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Not sure if E-Bay will block this , but what other successful venues are you using for coins?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

--I guess I was kidding myself by creating a few coin listings in each account to delay getting pulled into MP...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@sstev3 wrote:

Not sure if E-Bay will block this , but what other successful venues are you using for coins?

None. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I was referring to, and rambling on about, buying on ebay with that last statement. I have a few ebay orders, 100% of them, stuck in cyberspace and they aren't updated by USPS (and a couple of sellers are apparently waiting a week or more to even ship despite their 1 or 2 day handling shipping time, but at the other place I shop at and my orders have been arriving very quickly. Must be their fulfillment center?

Can't beat ebay for old collectables and coins, anyway.

I hope the USPS fixes themselves.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 8 of 8
latest reply