Did you mean: 

How do I see who is following me?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@slippinjimmy wrote:

You don't! 10 - 15 years ago it was possible but not since then.

I think the change was made circa 2020, only 3 years ago.

Edit: Yep, I went back and looked. The link was removed from profile pages summer 2020 and the link some sellers had bookmarked was disabled in Oct 2020.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

eBay removed that ability several years ago for privacy reasons. You cannot see your followers' IDs.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

If you did know who your watchers were what would you do with that information?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

I think the change was made circa 2020, only 3 years ago.

Edit: Yep, I went back and looked. The link was removed from profile pages summer 2020 and the link some sellers had bookmarked was disabled in Oct 2020.

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

2020? Ok, I believe you!

When it was available I don't recall ever looking except for once time and that was a long long time ago. There really isn't anything you can do with the information when it was available.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thank you

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Thank you

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Look over your shoulder. Sorry I couldn't help myself. 😁

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

There really isn't anything you can do with the information when it was available.

When I was a lower volume seller I used to review it to see if any of my buyers added me to their list so I could gauge which categories resulted in the most followers. It helped me with sourcing more in those categories and building up my biz.

You could also see if competitors were following you (unless they used the privacy setting).

But other than that, you're correct that there was never much of a use for it. Some sellers used it to SPAM buyers which was a violation of policy.

Nowadays if someone follows you they'll get your store newsletter, so if someone has a store and wants to reach their followers, the newsletter is the way to do it.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I personally miss being able to see who is following me.  I sell a pretty wide variety of items and have gained over 100 new followers since they changed the settings to not see them.  Just curious as to which categories I am gaining followers.   It would help me source more in certain categories... oh well, don't think eBay will change it back

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@wastingtime101 is correct that it only recently disappeared.  I don't recall when, but his date sounds right, it was only about 2 years ago, from memory. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Well, that really stinks. The ex huzz and a family member are following me on various sites. Stalking me. Both admitted to it, though I can't prove it. I only have 2 followers.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Nothing, I'm just curious.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply