cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know whether a listing on my ebay shop results in sales coming from facebook

Hi, for the past few months when I list an item on my ebay shop I also hit the share to facebook. I never go on facebookbut I have an "active" page. I want to know whether other social media sites is worth doing.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: How do I know whether a listing on my ebay shop results in sales coming from facebook

I would say that it depends on how many followers you have on that facebook page. There is no way for you to know how your customers on here found you, that I know of anyway. I have a facebook page as well. I share things on my Twitter too and believe that I have gotten sales as a result of both. The only reason why I know is because they have either shared my post or commented about their buying from me in the past and recommending me or I recognize the name. Done right, I think it is worth it. I know a friend of mine, Brooke's Nook does extremely well with her page. She's no longer on here tho.

Good luck to you! 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: How do I know whether a listing on my ebay shop results in sales coming from facebook

There's no mechanism to trace who is viewing your Facebook page.  There used to be, but in 2020 Facebook apparently disabled that feature.

What you can do for an effective campaign is engage on your Facebook page - using social media simply to post things for sale doesn't work as well as offering a little content with your post and keeping up regular engagement - this way you gain followers (who themselves have followers) with a greater spread and more chances of viewing. 

Social media doesn't really work as well passively.

ETA: I forgot to mention that you can trace how much of your traffic is external and how much internal search. Doesn't break it down, though, as far as I know.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@0426sheila 

I have had luck with Twitter & Pinterest.  My customers actually told they saw my item on those sites.  Not so much on FB.  It's worth a shot.  

Good luck and Happy Selling.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

"There's no mechanism to trace who is viewing your Facebook page.  There used to be, but in 2020 Facebook apparently disabled that feature."

That's not entirely true. You can see all of your insights on the Meta Business Suite. The OP can see how many people are viewing her posts and their interactions with them. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

But is there still some mapping? That's what I thought the OP was looking for.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No, no mapping but she can see the traffic from it. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Do you use the Pinterest ads? 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

What is the OP. At 71, I do not know why everyone in America speaks in acroynms and ruins every good English word. K? Being sarcastic, k?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thank you, but I would rather stick pins in my eyes than engage with Facebook. I left three years ago. I do add some items to "public on and off facebook" but I never tune in.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@0426sheila 

Since you have an eBay store, I believe you can sign up for Google Analytics.  It will require some extra steps on your end since you can't claim an eBay URL as yours, but there is a way to do it.  You may wish to look into that.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply