cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the paypal fees I paid last year 2019

I have them written down through June 2019 and now I can't figure out how to find them again. Also I know I did not add these up one by one there must be a total for each month somewhere.  Sorry if this topic has been over done

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I was on the phone with PayPal yesterday, for over half an hour because of this exact issue. I was told there is no separate rubric in their downloadable files that would show the taxes we paid to eBay and the PayPal fees. You can always try to call them, but be prepared of getting the info on how to download the Activity report for all your purchases (and all your sales, in a separate step).

(1) Select from Activity at the top of your PayPal page the time frame of "2019" then (2) select Payments Sent

You can then manually click on each transaction and if you scroll down, it will show you how much Use taxes were deducted from you as a buyer on your own purchases, and how much PayPal charged for the entire transaction. 

Do the same for your Payments Received,  Scroll down each transaction, and it will tell you how much Sales taxes were sent to your buyer's respective state, how much fees PayPal charged you for processing the payment received from the buyer. 

I just finished this. 

The good news is, as a buyer and seller, in both cases, the Sales tax / Use tax were not charged prior to November, so you only need to go back to December and November. 

Good luck

PW

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

for the month maybe I should just figure 3% of total sales?  Thoughts on that?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

PP fees are shown on the Paypal monthly statement. Go to paypal,  sign in, go to 'transactions'- on the right side the 'statements' are there. Just add up the 12 months for the year. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

My accountant only wants 8 numbers: 

He is interested in knowing:

In our role as a SELLER:

(1) How much we sold, total, in the past year, on eBay (net amount, not including fees), and

(2) Total amount of payments received when we sold things

(3) Total amount of Sales tax the buyer paid, to which state (as collected by eBay on sellers' behalf)

(4) Total PayPal payment processing fees we paid (buyers do not pay this fee, sellers do)

(5) Total eBay FVF paid as Sellers

(6) Any refunds that we have issued to our Buyers, on their purchases from us (cancelled or returned orders, partial refund on shipping, etc.)

In our role as a BUYER:

(7) Total amount of payments sent by us to seller, for our purchases on eBay

(8) Total amount of Use tax paid by us, when we purchased something on eBay

(9) Any refunds that were issued to us by the person from whom we purchased something (cancelled or returned orders, partial refunds for shipping etc.)

(10) What portion of the refund was for Use tax, in the case of partial refunds received. 

These are 10 numbers. 

Note that I believe you can download PayPal reports also as an Excel file, but I for example, was only able to download it as a CVS file. You cannot enter a formula at the top in these files, to sum up the entire column below. 

Instead of using a bookkeeping program, this year I am using my own Excel file and enter into it all of the above per each transaction, plus the date of sale (or purchase, on a separate sheet) and shipping information (cost only) as well as the type of item sold (e.g., Jewelry, Household, DVD, Shoes, Bags, etc. 

PW

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

PP fees are shown on the Paypal monthly statement. Go to paypal,  sign in, go to 'transactions'- on the right side the 'statements' are there. Just add up the 12 months for the year. 

They told me yesterday, fees are between 2.2% - 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction. I hope this helps. If your accountant is happy with such rough estimate, good for you - but mine wants the precise numbers. 

PW

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@prettywoman-2012 wrote:

In our role as a SELLER:

(1) How much we sold, total, in the past year, on eBay (net amount, not including fees), and

(3) Total amount of Sales tax the buyer paid, to which state (as collected by eBay on sellers' behalf)

(4) Total PayPal payment processing fees we paid (buyers do not pay this fee, sellers do)

(6) Any refunds that we have issued to our Buyers, on their purchases from us (cancelled or returned orders, partial refund on shipping, etc.)

In our role as a BUYER:

(9) Any refunds that were issued to us by the person from whom we purchased something (cancelled or returned orders, partial refunds for shipping etc.)

(10) What portion of the refund was for Use tax, in the case of partial refunds received. 

These are 10 numbers. 

Note that I believe you can download PayPal reports also as an Excel file, but I for example, was only able to download it as a CVS file. You cannot enter a formula at the top in these files, to sum up the entire column below. 

Instead of using a bookkeeping program, this year I am using my own Excel file and enter into it all of the above per each transaction, plus the date of sale (or purchase, on a separate sheet) and shipping information (cost only) as well as the type of item sold (e.g., Jewelry, Household, DVD, Shoes, Bags, etc. 

PW

Forgot to mention, #6 should also show - separately - any fees returned by eBay to us, when we issued a refund. And the number of items should be 10 (not 8), in a previous post to this one, sorry, ran out of time to edit. Or, 11 if you count #6 as two numbers. 

PW

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

click: Activities, then Statements, Custom, Financial Summaries, Left hand Box down to 2019, Then Create Report

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@prettywoman-2012 wrote:

In our role as a SELLER:

In our role as a BUYER:

These are 10 numbers. 

PW

am I missing that he asks for the amount of actual shipping you (seller) paid?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply