cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could eBay allowed the wrecking ball thrashing one of its reputable seller member?

I have not yet rebounded from an earlier trashing brought on by a buyer overseas who complained about delays and consequently not receiving their order entirely.  My only mistake over the matter perhaps is, I mailed the order a day after placement, the same day eBay made the announcement it will assist sellers who might be affected by weather-related delays in their customer's orders facilitated by U.S.P.S.  Among the relief eBay stated was the use of the buyer's return program, shielding sellers from any negative posting that might result.  Well, not only was I made to refund the entire order,  eBay also allowed the buyer to post 5 negative feedback never mind if the order was on a lot basis.  What can be more disgusting than a buyer providing a wrong address, opening a case claiming non-receipt, and a refund?  On top of it,  the buyer left negative feedback and all eBay can say to me is - I must respect it.  Needless to say, I expected my sale will drop resulting in 5 unearned negative feedback.  Perhaps I have been stuck in the rot and time to move on.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: How could eBay allowed the wrecking ball thrashing one of its reputable seller member?

@fabelous_records 

Did you have tracking that showed the items were delivered to the address they gave when they paid?

Did you upload the tracking number to the INR case?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: How could eBay allowed the wrecking ball thrashing one of its reputable seller member?

If you are shipping within your handling time with tracking and actually doing everything else right like responding to/resolving cases in a timely manner then I would try again to have negatives about shipping delays removed. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi, it would be helpful to see the listings in question, but you have private listings. Can you share the listing #? Did the buyers open Item Not Received cases or perhaps Not As Described?

If a buyer's shipment is held up, eBay considers that the seller's problem, not the carrier's. Did you withhold refunds and eBay had to step in?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

What can I say?  Fabulous Records is known for having an impeccable record of shipping/mailing out orders within 1 business day. The rare exception is when there is a need of doing more than merely dusting  vinyl records or CDs.  it can take another day for a trip to USPS which is only a  15-20 minutes drive from my place. Thing is,  what is honestly infuriating about this situation is, it was the buyer's fault.  The record he ordered came back to me with USPS claiming it was not accepted.  I needed to pay additional postage to mail it again and the tracking confirmed they received it.  I got negative feedback for doing all I can to make the buyer fully satisfied.  Anyway, eBay supports the buyer and that's all there is to it.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

It was a shipment made in January 2022 to a receiving agent in Wilmington DE.  This was the month when eBay announced it will assist in cases of orders getting delayed due to weather-related reasons. It must have been my bad fortune to mail it to Delaware at a time there were nasty weather delaying mails etc.  So, for 100% effort, I got 5 negative feedback and refunded the entire order.  I am betting for what it's worth, this buyer must now enjoying the bunch of records he claimed he never received.  It's a good rocket.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hi, assuming there is valid tracking showing these items were delivered, you can get this feedback removed. Before you try, it’s imperative that you first report the buyer. Use the reasons ‘Buyer made a false claim’ and ‘Claimed the item wasn’t received when it was’.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/reporting-issue-buyer?id=4084

Only after you report the buyer, send a message to eBay for Business on Facebook briefly and politely explaining the issue.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Looks like the buyer was much more upset with how you handled the refund than that the package was lost.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I'm a bit confused about those negative feedback ratings. Three of them were from sales in the "past 6 months" and one was from a sale in the "past month." Is that just a coincidence of the timing of the sales, or was this person's member id not added to your Blocked Buyer List--and have you added it now?

I'd sure try to get that last one from a different customer removed, too. It's ridiculous, IMO.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

When you say "to a receiving agent in Wilmington, DE", do you mean that you shipped to a freight forwarder? In that case, I am fairly certain that a seller's liability for any issues would end once tracking shows delivery to the destination address which, in this case, would be the address of the FF.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@soh.maryl   it used to be the buyer would lose INR protection if you said it was first to a Freight FOrwarded.  THEN e bay blues said last year, mid year I think, that they were no longer honoring that protection UNLESS the buyer confirmed in a case/message that it WAS forwarded.

The reasoning was that the order MAY be from a buyer that WORKED at the freight forwarder.  So in reality though it went to a forwarder it was NOT being forwarded.  

Just another way e bay circumvents taking care of their seller.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Out of all the deliveries that are sent to an FF, wonder what percentage are to an employee of that facility?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Out of all the deliveries that are sent to an FF, wonder what percentage are to an employee of that facility?

Just ask em: every order is to an employee.....

Message 13 of 13
latest reply