cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove the warning “charity rights interruption”?

I already paid my invoice. One sold item was canceled and fully refunded, because of the shipping problems last month. But the $5 donations were still automatically billed.

Usually how could we cancel that $5 donation bill and recover my charity selling? 
many thanks

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That is likely a warning that only you are seeing, not your buyers.  I'm don't know why you got sanctioned, but there was a reason for that.  Once you resolve it the warning should disappear would be my guess.  But you may need to contact Ebay to find out for sure.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

That is likely a warning that only you are seeing, not your buyers.  I'm don't know why you got sanctioned, but there was a reason for that.  Once you resolve it the warning should disappear would be my guess.  But you may need to contact Ebay to find out for sure.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Thank you so much.

The CS on twitter and Facebook are for sellers or everything?

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@mythyanlee wrote:

Thank you so much.

The CS on twitter and Facebook are for sellers or everything?

For everyone.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for your helps.

One more question here. While we buying coupons, which states will require ebay to charge the sale taxes?

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Don't use eBay charity. It is a mess. I donate on my own. It will just hurt your standing. Donated for years until this year on eBay. The whole system is messed up and they blame you.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Thanks, windy.

I was using the ebay scholar donation program for years. I remember the program will give an annual summary in the old days. And donations will reduce the selling fees and taxes a little bit. Now it is not.

By the way, do you know the state taxes may include coupons? 

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@mythyanlee wrote:

Thanks for your helps.

One more question here. While we buying coupons, which states will require ebay to charge the sale taxes?

It is ALWAYS whatever state your buyer is having the item shipped to.  There are no exceptions unless it is into a state that does not have a sales tax.  Sales tax is always the buyers responsibility.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@mythyanlee wrote:

Thanks, windy.

I was using the ebay scholar donation program for years. I remember the program will give an annual summary in the old days. And donations will reduce the selling fees and taxes a little bit. Now it is not.

By the way, do you know the state taxes may include coupons? 

To my knowledge states don't allow coupons on sales tax.  When a product has a coupon it is on the price of the product, not the sales tax.  The sales tax is like charged on the price of the item BEFORE the coupon, at least that is the way they do it in the state of Washington.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Thanks, mam.

If we selling coupons on ebay, usually do they charge state sales tax on that transaction?

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Oh now I understand your question better.  Yes they would charge sales tax for the appropriate state.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Sure. I am not really sure how to answer your questions about the coupons. What I do know from calling eBay is that there was something along the lines of Paypal is no longer helping to run that charities or something? That is when I ended on all my listings. They were punishing my standing for having payments "fall behind." Because they stopped collecting automatically. Better to donate on your own. 

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Oh, and one more thing. 0 notification that they were updating/ changing the program. They did it stealth mode without notifying the sellers. If they did notify us, then it must have been buried somewhere. 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Thanks, mam.

I did not get the rules of this tax. I found that in some area and some time it may apply but I am not sure.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@mythyanlee wrote:

Thanks, mam.

I did not get the rules of this tax. I found that in some area and some time it may apply but I am not sure.

Sales tax is driven by the laws of each State and is determined by what state the buyer is having the item shipped to.  Ebay doesn't set the amount, they are just required by law to collect it and remit it to the appropriate state.

Sales Tax by State 2023.jpg

Message 15 of 24
latest reply