cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I open a second account?

I have a non-store now with 250 items(free listing).  I want to open a BASIC store so I can move some things that are slow selling.

My understanding,

1- I am limited to 240 listings with a basic (4.95) store

2 - I can quit the store anytime w/o penalty?

How do I open a second account using the same email & the same checking account?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How can I open a second account?

Your second account must have different email address. I’m not sure about the same banking information. Your second account may have selling restrictions and limits and having a store won’t increase those limits. 
Read the policy Here 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

As noted in the other post, each eBay account must have its own individual email address. To sign up for a second account, just sign out of your current one. Then click on "Sign in", then "Switch account." The next window has a link for "Create an account."

eBay uses the term "Basic" as the name for the second-lowest option in store subscriptions. The lowest level is called "Starter."  You won't be surprised to hear that "Basic" used to be the lowest level, and "Starter" was introduced later.

Sellers with  a Starter store get 250 free basic insertions per month, which is the same as sellers with no store.  

When you sign up for a Store subscription, you can choose month-to-month, or make an annual commitment to get a discounted rate.  The $4.95 price that you quoted is for the annual rate for a Starter store. If you sign up at the $4.95 rate, you have made a full year commitment and there will be a cancellation penalty fee if you cancel the subscription before the final month. Plus, you'll still get only 250 free insertions per month.

If you want to have more than 250 free insertions, forget about the Store subscription idea; just sign up for another eBay user ID. Each of your IDs will get 250 free insertions per month.

Also be sure to check you listing limits. Each user ID has limits on the number of items and total value that they can list, and these are not affected by signing up for a store subscription. Sometimes the limit for a new account is very low, though that might get raised if you link it to your established account.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

How do I open a second account using the same email & the same checking account?

Your second account must have a different email address. But it can share the same banking account.

I have six selling accounts that all share the same bank account.

Just get a free gmail address for each new account, and set it up to forward the emails to your main account.

BTW you do not need to pay for a basic store. None of my six selling accounts has a  store subscription.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

6 accounts?  I have trouble sometimes handling 2 accounts.   

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If you open a second account/store, you are going to have a limit that you can list/sell.  Opening a store will NOT change your limit.  As an example, you might be able to sell/limit 250, with a store, you are only going to be able to list/sell 250, it doesn't matter if you open a Premium Store (Limit 10,000).

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

HOW.. what are the exact steps to take in order to open a second selling account? I know i need a different email address.. but how do you open a second store? I understand the policies but can't find directions to actually proceed.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Sign out of your current account.

Then on the sign in page, click on the link in "Not you?.Switch account".  

Then on the next screen, click on the link for "Create an account".

Message 8 of 8
latest reply