cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Cancel w/ Open UPI

Greetings All:

First the B$ backstory: Buyer purchased item, opened a UPI case (one of many lately), buyer contacts and says kid purchased by accident and would like to cancel.

How to cancel while on UPI w/o saying I was paid when I was not? And any problems for me if the UPI has to run its course, other than the item not being able to be relisted?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How To Cancel w/ Open UPI

@164nc wrote:

Greetings All:

First the B$ backstory: Buyer purchased item, opened a UPI case (one of many lately), buyer contacts and says kid purchased by accident and would like to cancel.

How to cancel while on UPI w/o saying I was paid when I was not? And any problems for me if the UPI has to run its course, other than the item not being able to be relisted?

If you have  actually opened an UPI, you can no longer cancel (Ebay policy).

Just tell the buyer you can no longer cancel once the UPI has opened and close it after 96 hours.

You could be miserable and tell the buyer to blame his kid, but I would not suggest it.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

too bad so sad,like i really care for your story,long time seller here who has filed hundreds of NPB.I know the ropes well

when i here the cancel  bit I just play along with it,I mean why not,its in the works with the NPB.I just tell the buyer that the cancellation is in progress,let them think it is

do not worry buyer,you will be canceled on my end for sure,you were on my radar as soon as I filed for the NPB

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Tell the buyer that once the unpaid item claim has closed that they will no longer have to worry about paying... but you need to recover the fees that ebay charged you when their kids committed to buy the item.  Tell them the item needs to be relisted and you can only do that once the case is closed without payment. Time is of the essence.

There are no problems for you if you let the UPI case run its full 96hours before it closes. If you close it early then you do not recover the fees.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Just sat down to check email and there's another one wanting a cancellation. This numpty says they pushed the add to cart button instead of the watch button. That's a problem solved on their end to take it out of the cart since no purchase has been made! And the person has a feedback in the 200s to make the situation even worse.

Regarding cancellations, Ebay has seriously turned into a "no money, no penalty layaway" with the rash of cancellations. Sure a seller does not have to cancel, but the buyer will SNAD and neg. It has become a huge time suck dealing with these prevaricators.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The day after I shipped a package, before it arrived, the buyer started a return.
Return reason: Ordered by mistake
Comments: My son ordered this without asking me
A week passes and then the buyer sends me a message.
They want a return label that will cost them nothing.
I explained I predicted that neither eBay, the USPS and buyer would reimburse me for the original postage.
Nobody would pay me for the labor to send the original shipment, process the return or relist the item.
I declined to provide a free return label.
I don't think I had the option to provide one at that point.
I explained they could contact the eBay parent company, not me, and explain their story and ask for a return label.
They replied, borderline cussed and decided to keep the item.
The buyer could have cared less about the inconvenience to the seller.
I would have no sympathy for your buyer nor cancel anything.
Here is another thread from 11-27-2019 10:05:28 AM about avoiding Unpaid Item strikes.
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-for-me-anyways-way-for-buyer-to-cancel-order/td-p/30452918

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Since I do Ebay more as a hobby nowadays, I am thinking of not cancelling and deal with problems as they come.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply