cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I block Questions From Same Person Over And Over ?

I just had a woman send 5 emails and I was nice and answered the first 2... Now she loves the item but has an issue with the shipping price which is a semi heavy item that  needs a box and packing materials. Was i stupid to answer the first email cause even in the blocklist I can not get rid of her .. Grrrr.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How Do I block Questions From Same Person Over And Over ?

Once you've had a transaction with someone, you can't block their messages.  You can only block them from future purchases.  Hard as it may be, just ignore them.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If you add her to your block list then you can set your Buyer Requirements to disallow contact thru ebay for those user ID's.  (It is the last item on the Buyer Requirement page so scroll to the bottom.) Note as the other poster said, if you have a transaction with someone then they cannot be blocked from messaging you.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

However, I don't know i would block a perspective buyer who is showing an interest. I always answer every inquiry, but it is your prerogative, of course, not to.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It won't get better-- especially if she is trying to get a cheaper shipping rate.

Put her on your Blocked Bidder List.

Stop responding to her Messages.

When she sends a Message, mark it as Read and Delete it. You don't have to read it and you know her name.

For your email account where I suppose you also see your eBay Messages (I do) again, just delete without reading.

Delete delete delete.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

However, I don't know i would block a perspective buyer who is showing an interest. I always answer every inquiry, but it is your prerogative, of course, not to.

They answered the first two, now it's getting ridiculous.  This would not be a good transaction - trust your instinct. Block, and if this person continues pestering you, report them for harrassment.

I had someone try to force a huge discount on an item. When I said 'no' they informed me that they would purchase, then try to force a discount on shipping. Um, no.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

My understanding is a buyer's communication is only blocked when the communication is through the listing (Answer/ask a question). Buyers can circumvent the Do Not Allow Blocked Bidders to Communicate Block by opening the seller's feedback and selecting "Contact Member."

One other problem no one has mentioned - e$bay keeps track of messages for the seller. If the buyer initially asks a question through the listing it shows for the sellers as a question not answered. And if the sellers uses the initial message to further communicate, it again counts for a message requiring an answer.

The original OP stated 5 messages were sent. Depending how the messages were sent it could be thaat the OP has 3 messages requiring answers since they answered two of the buyer's messages. If those other three unanswered messages are never answered then it will show on the OP's seller hub forever or until he answers. Having unanswered messages or questions counts against a seller as far as ranking of the listing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Once you've had a transaction with someone, you can't block their messages.  You can only block them from future purchases.  Hard as it may be, just ignore them.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@countwilley wrote:

I just had a woman send 5 emails and I was nice and answered the first 2... Now she loves the item but has an issue with the shipping price which is a semi heavy item that  needs a box and packing materials.

I would simply answer her politely and tell her that it is a semi-heavy item and I can't lower the shipping price. IMHO answering questions is part of the selling process. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Why not just state the facts

The item weighs x

after packing it will weight xx

Cost to ship to you according to USPS is $xx.

I"m sorry I cannot ship it for less than what it will cost me.

Thank you for your interest.

And then stop responding.  Maybe she wants it cheaper, maybe she's just lonely and wants someone to talk to. Who knows?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply