cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Find Out the Status of an Unpaid Order Case I Opened?

On May 13 I had a sale.  On June 13 (or so) I opened an Unpaid Order case.  And since then it has still been sitting there as as "Awaiting Payment" order.  If I try to open another Unpaid Order case, it says I have no orders eligible, so I'm guessing that it is actually open already, but I have no way to see if it even exists as an Unpaid Order case.

Is there somewhere I can see a list of Unpaid Order cases I have opened? I have looked several times, but cannot find such a page.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@eleeper-half;

I'm afraid that if you opened the case on June 13, it is now too late because the case has been closed automatically. After 36 days, which would have been July 19.

You can open the case after 2 days, so there was no need to wait so long. If the buyer didn't pay, then you should have gone back and closed it, after another  4 days. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items?id=4137

It’s important to close out any unpaid item cases. If you don’t close an unpaid item case within 36 days, we’ll close it for you, but you won’t be eligible for a final value fee credit. If you’re a managed payments seller, you won’t be eligible for a payments processing fee credit in this scenario either. Also, if we close a case, the unpaid item won’t be recorded on the buyer’s account.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Resolution Center: https://res.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ResolutionCenter

Or from Your Seller Hub, it's located in the Orders section.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@eleeper-half;

I'm afraid that if you opened the case on June 13, it is now too late because the case has been closed automatically. After 36 days, which would have been July 19.

You can open the case after 2 days, so there was no need to wait so long. If the buyer didn't pay, then you should have gone back and closed it, after another  4 days. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items?id=4137

It’s important to close out any unpaid item cases. If you don’t close an unpaid item case within 36 days, we’ll close it for you, but you won’t be eligible for a final value fee credit. If you’re a managed payments seller, you won’t be eligible for a payments processing fee credit in this scenario either. Also, if we close a case, the unpaid item won’t be recorded on the buyer’s account.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

After you opened the case, you needed to return to it 96 hours later and ask eBay to step in to get your fees refunded.  You had 21 days to do that after opening a case.  If you do not return and escalate your case, eBay assumes the issue is resolved and closes the case.  Sorry you missed the chance to take care of this.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Your case has expired, because you failed to go back and close it before the deadline.

When you file an unpaid item claim, eBay immediately sends the buyer a message that strongly encourages them to pay for their item within 4 days. But that's all eBay does.

If the buyer doesn't pay, then after 4 full days (i.e., 24 hours x 4) you'll get the option to close the case, giving the buyer a strike and getting a credit for your final value fee.   If you don't close the case within 36 days after the transaction it will expire, which means no strike for the buyer and no credit for you. You opened your unpaid item case near the end of the 32-day period when that's possible, and it expired on day 37 after the transaction, around June 19 or 20.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks to all.  Luckily it was only a $6 item, so the fees are minimal.  Next time I will be much more prompt!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply