cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can eBay Run a Wesite to Attract Buyers For Items When It Cannot Keep a Book Title for Example?

Have over 150+ item specifics to add. Even listings that were recently added require item specifics to be added again. No wonder I don't have time to add NEW listings---spending all day adding item information over and over again...and will probably have to do it again??? This has all started since "Good Till Cancel" was added, and on top of that, came "Promoted Listings", then came "Managed Payments by eBay" and PayPal went away. GONE are the good days when information only had to be added once when an item was listed. What team is working on the Item Specifics?? I'm ready to give up!!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How Can eBay Run a Wesite to Attract Buyers For Items When It Cannot Keep a Book Title for Exam

Me too.

Why would an item with Hand puppet in the title have to have an item specific?

What about the 2 books I have listed as a lot have to have an author?

There's 2 books, they are picture compilations. There is no author.

And that's just 2 things.

How stupid is this?

Crazy making.

Really must step away.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: How Can eBay Run a Wesite to Attract Buyers For Items When It Cannot Keep a Book Title for Exam

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-to-Get-your-Items-to-Appear-in-Google/td-p/28886708
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post 4

They're here. I wonder what they'll cost.

Is everybody in? The ceremony is about to begin.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Item specifics is a huge joke. 

What if you are selling a lot of 5 books?  

Or 5 different records.....all  speeds, all sizes, different titles.?

Title and description is all you need to inform buyer of what you have.  

Item specifics was never needed ever as long as it's already in the description.  

Or perhaps ebay is getting away from a description.   bottomline specifics only need

to be stated once.  

But as a buyer, I'd rather see it all at once in the description than have 

to look all over for it.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I so hope you're wrong about this, but am betting you are not.

If it is not one thing, it is 10.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

eBay's site is riddled with bugs as are their apps. It is frustrating. The best solution I can offer is to wait a couple of days and try updating just one or two items, not all of them. If it still doesn't work, try again another day. Don't bother expending a lot of effort until you see a couple of updates actually stick.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@bitseeker wrote:

eBay's site is riddled with bugs as are their apps. It is frustrating. The best solution I can offer is to wait a couple of days and try updating just one or two items, not all of them. If it still doesn't work, try again another day. Don't bother expending a lot of effort until you see a couple of updates actually stick.

Agreed.  Too tired to keep at it anyway.  Need blue light glasses if I am going to spend this many hours at a computer screen.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 7
latest reply