cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horay eBay! You Broke Down Right on Schedule, You're So Reliably Broken!!

HORAY EBAY!! Once again you've proven your awsum reliability by breaking down short of your free lisitng period!! Great job boys and girls!! I knew you could do it! Nobody messes things up more reliably or better than eBays crew!! No sir. And heck, I'm not even surprised anymore. I'm not even mad. I'm so use to your lameness that I happily tell anyone that I'll only sell on this place if the listings are free. And I'm real sure I'm not alone when I say these things either. Sellers talk to each other, we really do, and my message and sentiment aren't unique. Ok all you ebay huggers ~beat me up!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Horay eBay! You Broke Down Right on Schedule, You're So Reliably Broken!!

I had 1500 free listings on ebay UK no probs and all worldwide visible

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

I have an offer on an item.  I hit the "respond to offer button" and I see the page where it shows what the item is, and what the offer is, but the buttons for "accept offer" and "make counter offer" are GONE!  I've refreshed the page, come back later to try, and even tried with a different browser, but nothing will bring up the buttons!  I even changed my "auto accept offers" preference for that item to be right at the offer price, but it STILL wasn't accepted!  COME ON, eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Are you cleaning your pc with special software, removing cache files, junk files and registry files? I do this every day and sometimes not doing that can be the cause of something not working correctly on a web page if the pc has not been cleaned recently. Also clearing the browser history worth a try. I use adanced system care, google it as this can fix a lot of web problems.
Message 5 of 30
latest reply

^^ You can do very serious damage to a PC that way that may require reinstallation of the OS to correct. Many of those tools are not meant for the casual user.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:
^^ You can do very serious damage to a PC that way that may require reinstallation of the OS to correct. Many of those tools are not meant for the casual user.

@chrysylys, I would think so as well.  Much too risky for someone who has little to no experience.   Like me.   I always have my computer guy give me baby-step instructions on cleaners he has installed and usually he is by my side the first time I do it so I can be sure I get it all right.  

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

I found a fix to ebay issues once another way as well. Using the firefox browser I backed up the bookmarks (google search how to do that) and then I reset firefox. I was getting constant errors on ebay until I did that. If your not computer savy find a friend nearby who is and get them to give you a PC tune up. Your system drivers should be also checked to see if they are up to date. Thats one thing I like about advanced system care. Its not really that hard to use. Just hit scan and repair and it also has a driver update tool as well. The risk of not keeping of drivers up to date and cache, junk and registry files clean is a slower computer speed. Does your PC seem to take longer to boot up? Are any other web pages taking longer to load etc. There is a lot involved with PC care these days. A lot of people think you just need an antivirus software but that in itself is not enough to protect and make your system run smoothly. So in the short turn a PC tune up maybe the answer to fixing ebay issues. Not 100% that will work but 9 times out of 10 if you contact ebay they will be looking at things like clearing browser history etc. Hope that helps

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:

I found a fix to ebay issues once another way as well. Using the firefox browser I backed up the bookmarks (google search how to do that) and then I reset firefox. I was getting constant errors on ebay until I did that. If your not computer savy find a friend nearby who is and get them to give you a PC tune up. Your system drivers should be also checked to see if they are up to date. Thats one thing I like about advanced system care. Its not really that hard to use. Just hit scan and repair and it also has a driver update tool as well. The risk of not keeping of drivers up to date and cache, junk and registry files clean is a slower computer speed. Does your PC seem to take longer to boot up? Are any other web pages taking longer to load etc. There is a lot involved with PC care these days. A lot of people think you just need an antivirus software but that in itself is not enough to protect and make your system run smoothly. So in the short turn a PC tune up maybe the answer to fixing ebay issues. Not 100% that will work but 9 times out of 10 if you contact ebay they will be looking at things like clearing browser history etc. Hope that helps

Thanks, but that's still way too advanced for me.  I actually had my computer guy come over last week to do some fine tuning using Ccleaner, cleared my cache, deleted the temp int files, fixed my Adobe Flash and whatever that other thing is and after he left, each time I would X out of (not sign out of eBay) just X out of Google Chrome, when I would go back in via the same link I use all the time, I got a message that Google Chrome did not shut down properly and did I want to restore the page or something else (I can't recall) so I clicked to restore the page.  But that never happened before so I sent him an email and said if it keeps happening I'll let him know.  Since that email it has happened about 1/2 dozen times so I guess he will have to come back to reinstall Google Chrome because I definitely would never do that on my own.  <sigh>

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Yes maybe hes done something wrong in the tune up and deleted something he shouldn't have? Best to get him back and show him whats going on. Hopefully that will fix the issue. Failing that buy a mac book where it does all the updates etc automatically. I did this for my 80 year old father, hes not computer savy so got him macbookpro and hes been having no pc problems since. The other thing you can do is wind the PC back say a month and that may also correct the problem. Most pcs have restart to an earlier date option somewhere.
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:
Yes maybe hes done something wrong in the tune up and deleted something he shouldn't have? Best to get him back and show him whats going on. Hopefully that will fix the issue. Failing that buy a mac book where it does all the updates etc automatically. I did this for my 80 year old father, hes not computer savy so got him macbookpro and hes been having no pc problems since. The other thing you can do is wind the PC back say a month and that may also correct the problem. Most pcs have restart to an earlier date option somewhere.

Thanks.  I will call him.  Another $60 down the tubes but maybe he'll reduce the fee since he was the one who did/didn't do something right although I wouldn't be able to prove it.  

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

"Ok all you ebay huggers ~beat me up!"

Are you having a bad ebay hair day?  Woke up on the wrong side of an ebay request this morning?  

Not to worry!  Not today!  NOT on National Doughnut Day!!!

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@megadestroyers wrote:

"Ok all you ebay huggers ~beat me up!"

Are you having a bad ebay hair day?  Woke up on the wrong side of an ebay request this morning?  

Not to worry!  Not today!  NOT on National Doughnut Day!!!

LOLOL!!  Not fair!!   I was having my coffee and doughnut when I opened and read your post and now my keyboard has doughnut and coffee all over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Geez, I'm mad.  National Doughnut Day is exactly the kind of thing ebay would splash all over the homepage - is it there and I missed it?  

While dawdling lengthily on my porch with my coffee and papers, listening to the birds squabble over the feeders and chasing the squirrels out of my flower beds, I could have had a DOUGHNUT and not blah old wheat toast with sugar free jam.

grumble grumble

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 14 of 30
latest reply

So far all I read is a rant.  If you want us to understand you, then please explain what issues you are having.  I do not have any issues at all right now.

Are you sure the problem is with the eBay platform and not possible something with your account or computer you use to work on ebay with?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 15 of 30
latest reply