cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday season is here. Where are the sales?

Hello -  Based on first half of November, I don't think we are even going to do what we did last year sales wise.  How are you guys faring?   We had a slight old normal sales days for four days in middle of October and then a bit last weekend but otherwise same as August -- barely surviving.  Not to complain too much but I can't seem to explain why those two normal sales pattern can't be every day.  Like today, 

so far we had zero sales.  Of course it is week day but aren't everyone shopping for holidays already?

The seller I work for invested over $2000 in new items for holidays so I am hoping he have better second half of November and a decent December.  It is hard to see all the hard work and effort to go un rewarded.  Love to hear how you guys are doing.   Thanks.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Holiday season is here. Where are the sales?

@jeweloftheheart, was this a comment an eBay rep posted on Facebook? Did they say specifically how they thought it might accomplish anything to try to open a ticket? Folks are all over these boards complaining about slow sales, throttled searches, etc, etc, etc, and we know the eBay staffers here have seen dozens (hundreds??) of these complaints. There's an even higher volume of comments about the majority of CS reps being clueless, so looking to them for solutions seems unusual.

I'm not being facetious - if there's something that might be accomplished by enmasse reporting to CS, I'd love to know more, please.

Message 61 of 72
latest reply

Not Good. 

Message 62 of 72
latest reply

My sale are way down and I agree it is very frustrating to put all this work into the listings and nobody seems to want to buy. I am about redy to give up on ebay.

Message 63 of 72
latest reply

Just not good at all.  Still selling things, but that like most, we seem "to have lost that lovin feelin".   Sales can go pretty good for a few days and then, tank the next few days.   Ebay has made this site like Walmart, the cheapest seller gets the bait. 

Message 64 of 72
latest reply

Happy Thanksgiving.  How are you guys doing?  We had about 3 days of normal --- not holiday times - 

sales earlier this week.  But then yesterday we had 3 sales at around noon back to back and then nothing as of now.  of course I don't expect much sales today since people are spending time with family.

I hope it picks up starting tomorrow or even this weekend.  Let's hope so.  I just remember in old times lots of people shopping as early as late Oct or throughout Nov.  I guess with all these next day deliveries people wait.  

Happy holidays and good luck to everyone this holiday season.  I was checking in to see there is not some problem yesterday and today since no activity but a few e-mails earlier this am.  cheers.

Message 65 of 72
latest reply

I'm doing very well myself. I'm very close to reaching 700 sold items for November, currently at 644. I do see a lot of posts like this all the time, but I usually don't comment on them. There is nothing Ebay can do to increase your sales. They can't force somebody to buy something from us.

I know a lot of high volume sellers won't share any selling secrets and for good reason (lesser competition). If you know something that sells well, don't share what that item is with other sellers.

Best advise I could give is to go and search for a niche category that you'll have success with. I too was a small seller in the past, selling 30-45 items per month. I changed the items that I was selling, changed my selling tactics, and never looked back since.

Message 66 of 72
latest reply

For what it's worth I sell books and collectibles and I can tell you that for me the holiday season is generally the slow time of year because what I sell is the kind of stuff people tend to buy for themselves rather than as a gifts. As I've said in various posts, during the holiday season everybody is out looking for new and electronic right now. That was also pretty much true when I sold at the swap meets.
Message 67 of 72
latest reply

I am not a seller, but a buyer. E-bay has changed over the years. I shop for a deal, an deals are harder to find. When i look for an item a full 1/2 of the time i can buy for the same or less here at home. E- Bay may be charging sellers too much. i don"t know. Also E-Bay is not the only place to shop. With online shopping very, very little is RARE or HARD TO FIND. The crazz of shopping and bidding online for fun is over, i think. I am sure selling for fun has been over for some time now. It use to be all bids now with buy it now, its buy or click out the door. I know for myself many time i walk out or click out where ever i shop. Rember the word shopping, it is looking for the right item at the right price. Mfg. sell to you and on e-bay many times. Stores sell on e-bay. The little guy always gets pushed out. I know this does not help but it is how it is.

Message 68 of 72
latest reply

It has been slow this year. Shipping costs are up with lowers my profits.. November was not good as it has been in past years.. Black friday weekend sold quiet a few on thanksgiving, friday-sat-sun and today are very slow, hardly anything is selling.. I called ebay and they checked and a couple of my listing were there but did not come up on the searches.  They said their super dupper sells get their listing put first, even though I am a power seller, not sure what the service rep meant by that.. I am thinking my listings are getting bumped to the back of the line.. So I checked.. With 1 day 11 hours for one important item, it was on the 5th page back behind items that had bad seller ratings, 21 days to go listings ect.. I have 100%. I guess you have to kiss someones " to get your listings in the fist page or two.. 

Message 69 of 72
latest reply

I have no sales for three months.  I cant understand it as I have been an ebayer for 12 years now and only the economy can be doing this.  They can say all they want about how strong this economy is but all I see are starving people without jobs and certainly no money for ebay.  The buyers just are not on ebay because they have no money to spend.  Thats my feeling on this year.

Message 70 of 72
latest reply

Message 71 of 72
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 72 of 72
latest reply