cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holds lifted!? Account finally restored!

Hi all,

After being restricted - for identity verification- since FEBRUARY….my account has been unrestricted!! Hallelujah!

it was in the legal department forever, but I got the email letting me know it passed yesterday. 
Does anyone know how long my funds will still be on hold? I’ve read that sometimes it’s 30 days after the account is restored, but that was for selling problems and I don’t have any items that haven’t been delivered….I started setting time away after I realized my money was not coming out. The last item I sold and shipped was in June. 
can anyone help me on this? i can’t seem to find anything specific to my situation - I have gotten the MOST helpful information via eBay community! 🙂 

thank you! 
Lisa 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@one_blessed_mama 

Hi Lisa

Congratulations. Wow, that was a long wait, but obviously worth it.  Your funds should be released when the restriction is lifted.  Not sure the time frame or how you have your payments set up.  Is there any way you can contact the legal dept again?  They may know.

Again, glad to have you aboard again.  Welcome back. 

Happy Selling!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi! 

thank you and thanks for your reply! I am glad that this is hopefully over 🙂 

So, I am not able to directly contact the legal department. Customer service isn’t very much help...

My account was unrestricted a few days ago, however, I am unable to edit my listings, purchase anything or withdraw my funds. The funds show as “available” but I still have the red banner across the top of the payments page. If I go to the section that says “on hold”, there is nothing there. It appears that my checking account info that I had previously entered for payouts is still in my settings - I thought about re-entering my account info, but I am scared it will trigger the whole process again. My account was restricted because they couldn’t verify my identity - I had gotten married last year and changed my name. 

Any suggestions? 

thanks again,

Lisa 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@one_blessed_mama 

First off, congrats on your marriage! 

This is what I would do and many of us here on this forum advise.  Reach out on social media via FB:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

As you stated eBay's customer service is poor at best and most of the time are usually of no help.  The link I provided for you will give you US CS agents who are employed by eBay and may better serve you and your situation.  Tell them what you are posting here on this forum and they will usually get back to you within 24 hours.  I had an issue 2 weeks ago and they got back to me within about 4 hours and were very helpful.  Many positive posts here with their ability to be helpful.

Again, congrats on your nuptials and hoping the best for a positive outcome!

Happy Selling

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thank you so much!!

I did message ebay for business on fb and they couldn’t tell me anything but said they have sent it in, and someone would get back to me....I hope they really do! it appears that they still have to do something on their end to make my account active again...

I appreciate all of your help!

Lisa

Message 5 of 5
latest reply