cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold on my pay outs

Sold a hockey card for  700.00 Canadian funds. EbAY IS NOW HOLDING THAT MONEY TILL the buyer gets his card. Is this something new?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hold on my pay outs

Nope, eBay can hole your funds whenever they'd like. If your a low volume seller or have been away(not sold anything) for a period of the time then they hold your payments. Not a big deal, you'll get your money. Just be patient. Every single one of us sellers has gone thru this at least once.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hold on my pay outs

It's nothing new but it is becoming a PITA for a lot of sellers regardless of what they sell or how much they sell. The policy is below my guess is they held the funds because of the $ value of the item. This is simply eBay CYA. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/payments-hold/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold?id=4816 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hold on my pay outs

@nickhockeycards wrote:

Sold a hockey card for  700.00 Canadian funds. EbAY IS NOW HOLDING THAT MONEY TILL the buyer gets his card. Is this something new?

This is the second or maybe the third complaint I have read about this. All of them sports cards. I think they might be trying to force high value cards into their vault program by irritating sellers selling outside of it. 

If I sold a worthless piece of paper with a sportsball picture on it for $700 I would almost prefer they keep the money until we know the buyer isn’t going to complain about it. 

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hold on my pay outs

@nickhockeycards   maybe post on the Canada site instead to get a more tailored answer

Message 5 of 5
latest reply