cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I'm new here and I've been selling golf clubs and recently used the eBay "valet" service to sell

Hi I'm new to eBay and PayPal and my experience has been rather good till today. I've been selling my old unused golf sets that'd received over the years. I had come to eBay  in a desperate finical position brought on by medical bills. Most of my sets where still in the manufacturing sealed boxs and I knew they could still be worth good money to help me deal with the medical bills. 

Im still under selling restrictions because I've only been here about 2 months and my medical bills are pilling up. I had a set of Mizuno MP 100 irons I had been waiting to sell but my restrictions prevent me from selling it at the price I'd like to start at. So I used the eBay valley service. Bad idea.

The valet did no research on the worth of the clubs. They sold the set of irons for $120. There are only 2006 sets in the world. These clubs sell between $1-2 thousand on the site. The valet priced them a tenth of their value. I wish I could have looked at auction but it sold before I could even look at the email. A new seller should never use the valet as a service to sell big ticket items. The valet don't research your item or give it a fair price. Nor do they care about your input or read what you write on the forms you send with the package. They price it as cheap as possible to get rid of it. 

I I work third shift but I can't sleep tonight. I felt confident in eBay and who they pick to be valet but now I don't know what to feel.i feel robbed by the valet for not accurately pricing my item. I feel angry at eBay for falsely advertising the ability of their valet. If I only needed a $100 from those clubs I would have sold it. That's well within my limitations. I trusted their valet to know how to handle big ticket items but they don't care.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with the valet

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Hi I'm new here and I've been selling golf clubs and recently used the eBay "valet" se

Thanks for warning the rest of us there seems to be a lot better f problems with the valet program. I just spent 2 hours taking 3 guitars to FED X and after filling out the forms, taking photos etc they said the service was down and the computer was not working. I may have been saved by GOD based on what I have been hearing since I returned home with my guitars! AVOID VALET! 

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: Hi I'm new here and I've been selling golf clubs and recently used the eBay "valet" se

So sorry this happened to you.  I wish you were not in this situation, and I hope you resolve your medical expense issues.

I don't think there is anything that can be done about your sold golf clubs, sadly.  You gave them permission to do so, and probably signed a contract.

Sorry your confidence and trust was betrayed.  

Wish there were better news for you.  But hang on and be strong; you will get past this.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@pretty510

Do you think you could take the time to read the original posting date (next to the author's name) before replying to OLD threads?

Thanks

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

lookng2015 wrote:

@pretty510

Do you think you could take the time to read the original posting date (next to the author's name) before replying to OLD threads?

Thanks

I've just been wondering lately WHERE are all of these old, old threads coming from.. WHY are they popping up so much lately?

And it's not that they can't be closed/locked because often enough they eventually are, but why aren't the locked after a certain period of time to begin with... say anything after four weeks if there is no longer discussion coming in on it.  That's plenty of time to allow.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply