cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me get Ebay vehicle compatibility to show up on listings.

So I regularly list car parts.  I'm getting terribly frustrated with ebay NOT showing the list of vehicles my parts fit.  As an example, eBay has in its catalog Melling JB-817 engine lifters.  These lifters fit 5000+ different vehicles.  I have in hand Qualcast  36-817 lifters.  These are the exact same auto part, just by a different manufacturer.  

If I list these as Qualcast and don't pick a product from ebay's catalog I would have to manually enter 5000 different vehicles in the compatibility tool.  (not happening)

If I pick Mellings part the 5000+ vehicles these fit are already in the listing.  The listing page allows me to change the brand and part number.  Everything looks good when I press list.  However once the item is live the compatibility tool is removed.  Replaced with a message that says "Check the item description to confirm this fits your vehicle"  and a link to contact me.   

How do I get ebay to show the compatibility tool?

Is there a tool to copy the compatibility list from another listing?  If not, can ebay please make one?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@moodokon , are you starting your listing from another listing (sell similar)?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Sorry for the late response, Didn't realize anyone had responded to my question.  I have tried it with and without starting from sell similar, but in general I'm referring to a part that isn't currently in eBay catalog.  (Not using sell similar.)   I usually start from create a new listing and then search by model number and / or upc number to see if the part is in the catalog.  What I'm after is the ability to download something like a CSV file from an existing listing, make any edits in a spreadsheet program, and upload that vehicle list to a new listing. 

Sometimes I get parts that only fit twenty or so vehicles, and sometimes its the the opposite and the part will fit thousands of different models.   I buy surplus and overstock by the pallet. I rarely get more than a few of the same auto part.  Just can't justify the hours it would take to manually enter year, make, model, a few hundred times for a part I might make $3-$5 on.  Using an outside vendor or spending the hours might make sense if I had thousands of the same part. 

It just gets under my skin that there is no obvious way to copy and paste vehicle fitment.  Even just a CSV file upload would work.  I thought this could be solved by picking a part with the correct fitment from the catalog and changing the item specifics. (brand / model).  However it doesn't work.  If you make any changes to a part picked out of the catalog ,eBay strips out all the other relevant information from the listing including the vehicle fitment list.   

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have simular situation of parts inventory I am selling from my old repair shop. Strange that when I commonly go to Have one to sell? Sell now  one time the "See compatible vehicles" list will show up on my part site but most of the time it will not? Still working on Why?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply