cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with new format regarding list for 30 days, automatically defaults to Until cancelled

So far, I just HATE the new selling format. I have been trying ALL AFTERNOON to list a simple set of salt & pepper shakers. I like to list my items as 30 days NOT Until Cancelled. I cannot find that option ANY WHERE! I did find on another discussion this problem but still can't figure it out.  This is what I found. 

"New listing format is a restricted option version. In the upper right corner of some listing pages is an icon to change to full options advanced listing. "

So confusing! So I started my listing from scratch AGAIN and I went to the upper right hand corner that says "ADVANCED TOOL" and it gave me all kinds of warning why I should not continue. It says:

"Switch to advanced tool

We recommend that you don't switch listing tools.
The advanced tool is best for high-volume sellers.
If you are a new seller or don't list many items, we recommend that you stay here."  

So what do I do now??  I really don't want "sell till cancelled". THANKS for any help!
AnnaMarie 
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Having trouble with new format regarding list for 30 days, automatically defaults to Until cance

Your choice of tool has no effect on fees or on anything else, except the options that are available to you when setting up a listing. And that's what you came here asking about.

If you want to choose a listing duration other than GTC for your fixed price listings, you must use the Advanced form.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Having trouble with new format regarding list for 30 days, automatically defaults to Until cance

Ignore the recommendation and switch to the Advanced tool.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@nancyfrankiejoey  As a store owner I believe we have to use the Advanced Tool ... that warning is more for New Sellers who are putting up their 50 free items and learning the ropes (or how not to be hung by them).  Last year I went through 3 or more Listing Tool versions if memoery serves ... I went from the Everyday rate plan to a Store and was switched to the Advanced Tool at the time but then a new version came out so I had to learn that one ... I prefer the Advnced tool to be honest.  But now with the coming forced entry to Seller Hub I am wondering if a new tool will suddenly take over ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

"Switch to advanced tool

We recommend that you don't switch listing tools.
The advanced tool is best for high-volume sellers.
If you ...don't list many items, we recommend that you stay here [on the Quick Listing Tool]."  

This suggestion made me smile. 

Is the suggestion perhaps an insight into how eBay Inc views it's small, regular sellers?

Like thousands of others, I don't list many items, but I've been selling on eBay for a very long time.  I think I can handle the Advanced Listing Tool :-). 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you both for your replies. I am a little confused. I am NOT a big store seller, just a retired person selling small stuff and I have that sell 50 a month for free. So if I ignore that warning, will I have to start having a fee for my little stuff??  Thanks so much for your time!

AnnaMarie

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

LOL! While I was writing my reply to 'both' of you, I saw additional replies. Thanks to ALL of you. I will try the Advanced tool! THANKS

AnnaMarie

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Your choice of tool has no effect on fees or on anything else, except the options that are available to you when setting up a listing. And that's what you came here asking about.

If you want to choose a listing duration other than GTC for your fixed price listings, you must use the Advanced form.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Terrible change....so confusing!  Old people enjoy Ebay and it provides a great hobby place for buying and selling collectibles and objects of interest.  Rbay is making tjings so expensive and so complicated that it forces interest parties away.

There have bern many improvements the past few years and personally love the ease of Paypal tranactions, but Ebay has turned its back on the Sellers.......we have been forgotten.  Only the buyers are protected.

Too much work trying to keep up with too many and constant policy changes and complicated listing requirements.  We don't even know how to lust anything now!  Help!!!

Makes things simple again.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

TBH I like until cancelled, but of course the system defaulted mine to just the opposite.  They have really gone over the top this time with stupidity.  I think it must be people trying to save their jobs or something saying lets do this next it will help make more sales.  Cripes after they dessimated the eBay partner network a few years back its no wonder.

I really just want to go in there take charge and clean house and make eBay great again.  Of course what would happen is you would get there, get stuck in some small desk job where the upper management and executives hold you back and get nothing really done at all to make it better.   I watched for years as executives and upper management destroyed my company so I can understand what eBay must be going through.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply