cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever not paid an after you've won an item?

I've always paid.  Usually within minutes.  But for some reason, every time I do a round of auctions, I have someone who doesn't pay.  Regardless of my settings someone always comes in whose feedback will say "fast payment" and for some reason, they don't respond and I'm stuck having to go through this again.  So frustrating.  My question is, why do you bid if you do not intend to pay?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Have you ever not paid an after you've won an item?

When I get a Deal because an Item didn't get more than My starting bid I try and find something else they have for sale and purchase that also. Often I will ask for combined shipping to save on the second item. If they have it listed as free shipping I ask if they want to downgrade the shipping. I am never in a hurry to get most things anyway.  I always hope that takes the sting out...;) Sugar.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

You had an excellent excuse and I surely hope your diagnosis is early and treatable. I have never ever bid on an item and not pay and it's a prompt payment always. And if it's a best offer acceptance, I shoot them over an EBay message of thanks.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I have always paid, and within minutes typically unless they accepted while I was asleep. 

I think with best offer some "buyers" are just curious if the best offer they dreamed up will work. I actually get a lot of that on CL. "Hey would you do this price?" "Sure, that will work." -vanishes off into the ether. 

At least CL doesn't have a 6 day UPI case and you can just move on with business as usual.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Lol! True, but it's nice to know that we're all in the same boat, albeit a leaky one at times.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply