cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the recession greatly reduced your sales?

Last few weeks it's like I've been ghosted!  Hardly generating any sales...or questions...or offers.  Is it just me, or has this recession really affected sales for everyone???

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's the website.....not the economy.   New code has been pushed onto the ebay site and really jacked up sales.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

It's not a recession, it's a full-fledged economic depression.  My jaw drops every time I go to the supermarket.  I have to decide what I'm not going to buy.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

With over one million sellers I am positive that many are seeing the same results as you. Some selling high demand, good priced items are probably selling about the same amount.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

It's the website.....not the economy.   New code has been pushed onto the ebay site and really jacked up sales.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Wrong wording, but yeah, we were wondering what was going on with sales and traffic dropping all of a sudden. Initially thought it was the economy but sifting through the threads there's a recurring pattern pointing towards an algorithmic issue instead.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

I went flying to the Urban Dictionary to make sure I understood what "jacked up" sales meant...and found it ain't good!  Do you think eBay will address this...or is this the 'new normal'?  I did a trial on a campaign and it did nothing for me.  I sell one-of-a-kind items that I already own but don't need any more but usually I sell several things a week...lately it's crickets.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I don't know how lower-income families or people on fixed incomes are expected to make it.  Very cruel what's happening.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Well, for sellers like myself who sell mainly collectibles...very concerning!

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Sales on eBay have been impacted over several months for various reasons but I believe only a small portion of that has anything to do with the economy, inflation, recession......... The easing of the pandemic constraints, rising shipping costs and other logistical issues appear to be having a greater impact. My sales are holding steady on local venues where the exchange is largely P2P. 

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

it’s not recession ebay changed their algorithm and are severely hurting our sales

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

My jaw drops every time I go to the supermarket.  I have to decide what I'm not going to buy.

The inflation experience

You may wish to contact your elected leaders , & make your voice heard

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

The economy is only affecting a very low % of sales.  Most of 2022 has been dreadful for some.  My best month was July with 37 sales after only 12 in June.  Did the economy improve?  No.  Did low income buyers suddenly get a boost?  No.  Some commented that, "Nobody wants your stuff."  Did a bunch of new members join & decided they wanted my stuff?  No.  Did people stop taking their vacations already & get back to buying?  No.  Did I start selling necessities or items in high demand?  No.  Did I begin a sale?  No.  There is NO DOUBT in my mind that the site itself influenced a drastic drop in sales for those months.  We will see what August holds.  I don't have a dream of winning the lottery.  My dream is (dare I say??) that I can get 3, 4, 5 sales a day!  lol  This 1-2 quota that has been bestowed on me is not enough to cover bills!

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

YES

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

What are the mucky mucks at eBay thinking by toying with algorithms at this point in time when people are hurting so???  Do the mucky mucks read these posts?

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Boy, my question sure has sparked a lot of responses!!!  Consensus seems to be that eBay's algorithm is making things very tough for many.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply